Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

97 Foreman 400 NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 04:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 97 Foreman 400 NEED HELP

The 4 wheeler was having issues shutting off while driving on me, i replaced the fuel line bc i saw a crack and put a new air filter, let it idle for ten min then went and changed a trail camera. On the return trip when i went to go up a hill it shut off, once started I still couldn’t go up hill without it stuttering then shutting off so got it on flat ground, it will go in reverse and idle but once u go into forward gear it will go about 30 ft then sputter and die. I was able to get it back to the driveway by going in reverse even up the hill. Does anybody have any idea what this issue could be. The local repair shop told me to check and clean the fuel filter in the petcock, and if that doesn’t work to replace the carb. I’m also going to remove the filter I have on the fuel line going to the carb, I’ve had one for years on that but have read that can limit gas flow. The mechanics and my dad are baffled bc an older model can’t be that many things wrong and the fact I can drive in reverse and it will go forward and shift but after 20ft dies.. please any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m trying to fix asap for the last month of hunting season.

Old 12-07-2023, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Pull fuel line off carb a turn petcock on each positon an see if fuel flow out good from both positon also make fuel level in correct in on position if quit flowing and you know fuel level in correct loose fuel tank cap while fuel line is off and see if flow starts back if everything work good from there pull carb off an give a good cleaning I would like to re use factory carb they seem to do better to me instead of new aftermarket one

Old 03-14-2024, 08:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm asking a question that I've visible before. I've searched and examine about every subject matter on it but never can seem to find a directly solution. If I take my rear shocks and circulate them up the front then take a rear spark off a 450s to position on the rear will they bolt up without different adjustments? Will I be able to run 26 inch tires without rubbing and how will transferring my rear shocks up the front have an effect on the trip? I can get rears off a 450 for 30 bucks so it seems like a better deal than spending close to 100 on a boost. I'm hoping a person it is achieved this will deliver me a uncomplicated solution. Thx earlier.

Tutuapp 9Apps