Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

FOOT BREAK STUCK

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 06:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merryman
If both the left hand brake and footbrake is sticking, it is usually the shoe pivot for the rear shoes. If just the footbrake is sticking it is the pedal pivot. We find it is those who don't use the footbrake much who get this problem. I think riders who have had a motorcycle will use the footbrake, but those who have only had a bicycle will tend to stick to braking with the hand brakes. I did have a motorcycle, but a British one, with the left foot brake, so find that I have reverted to only using the hand brakes on Quads.
i use them both about equally depending what i'm doing. i think the problem is since i got the Suzuki the Honda doesn't really see much use so i think lack of use let the rust take hold. i got it back on now and rigged up a grease fitting which seems be working good and it's spreading grease all the way around so hopefully no more issues

kinda funny really, i've had it since it was new and after 10 years this is the only issue it's ever had. i've only owned the Suzuki for 3 years which was also bought new and i've had to put about $500 into it for all the little things that keep breaking on me