2005 Rancher AT

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Rancher AT

Okay i have a 05 Rancher AT
Its Auto & ESP

Before i relay the issue i like to say my odometer is not working it hasnt been working for a while glass broke water went in it and the display isnt showing but i can see when i shift it to neutrel or when switching from 2x4 to 4x4...

I was riding the rancher it was working fine .. stoped for a break when i went to take off again the bike stoped working all of a sudden ....
i pressed on the acelerator and the bike moves very slowly... it felt like it couldnt grabb the gears... this was on automatic.. tried putting it on ESP to change gears and the same thing.. moves very slowly...
when putting it on reverse bike would stall out and would not move back ???

dont know what the problem was....

i also have an issue with my rear break ?? its really hard not working at alll...
so i tried no to used it at all !!!
when the bike is on neutral i can push the 4x4 forward and back and it doesnt feel like the back break is griped....

???

Thanks for your help !!

Old 04-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 Rancher AT

It is going into failsafe mode, if the gear indicator is working it should be flashing a code .. Water usually gets in the rear brake housing , the seal doesn't last long unless greased .. You prpbably need new brake shoes ..

Old 04-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2005 Rancher AT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HondaMechanic

It is going into failsafe mode, if the gear indicator is working it should be flashing a code .. Water usually gets in the rear brake housing , the seal doesn't last long unless greased .. You prpbably need new brake shoes ..</end quote></div>

i cant see if i have a signal the odometer is not working.... but regardles i need to fix the rear brake ....

does that have anything to do with the 4x4 not shifting into gear?? a sensor or anything for that matter?? or could it be the chain ?? or the tranny ?? =0(

Old 04-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2005 Rancher AT

Without the display, it is almost impossable to diagnose.
The 400at has no chain. Everything works on eather an electrical or hydralic method.
----- Gimpster -----

Old 04-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2005 Rancher AT

Ok so when you say you see neutral you mean the green neutral light not the "N" in the display .. Without that part of the display you would need to test the TP sensor , VSS , gear position switch , angle sensor etc. etc. etc. 1 component at a time ..

Old 04-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2005 Rancher AT

Ok so when you say you see neutral you mean the green neutral light not the "N" in the display .. Without that part of the display you would need to test the TP sensor , VSS , gear position switch , angle sensor etc. etc. etc. 1 component at a time ..</end quote></div>

Yes i see the green light when switching to neutral ....
then i move the lever shifter to drive.... the bike accelerates but moves very slow like if it doesnt grip the gear .....

where is the TP sensor located at?

Thanks for your help buddy....

Old 04-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2005 Rancher AT

when i move the shifter into reverse the bike stalls out.. and doesnt move back at all ....

Old 04-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2005 Rancher AT

All the switches and sensors will have to be tested seperate .. TP (throttle position sensor is on the carb) , gear position switch , shift buttons , VSS (vehicle speed sensor) , pulse generator , mode selector , angle sensor ...

If you want the section PM your email address ..

Old 04-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2005 Rancher AT

All the switches and sensors will have to be tested seperate .. TP (throttle position sensor is on the carb) , gear position switch , shift buttons , VSS (vehicle speed sensor) , pulse generator , mode selector , angle sensor ...

If you want the section PM your email address ..</end quote></div>

sent thankssssss

Old 04-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2005 Rancher AT

If you want the section PM your email address ..</end quote></div>

so you dont think it has nothing to do with the tranny??

Quick Reply: 2005 Rancher AT