Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

700XX....Eastern Trail Quad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 700XX....Eastern Trail Quad!!!

From day one, I said the XX is a specialized niche eastern trail quad. Having grown up in West Virginia, that was the very first thing I thought of when I saw this machine. (Now living in So. Calif., I know for darn sure it's absolutely a turkey turd in the desert!!!)

Quad magazine November issue, rode this machine in Pensylvania, and they agreed with me 100%! This is a niche machine for the eastern trail rider, who wants performance but a more comfy IRS ride, a sporty manual transmission, yet doesn't want to be saddled on some utility tank....

Check out the article. If you are an eastern trail rider, this could be the machine for you.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

It must make you very proud to be so right, about so many things, all of the time. LOL

Old 09-27-2008, 01:36 AM
Red Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HeftyLefty

It must make you very proud to be so right, about so many things, all of the time. LOL</end quote></div>

Well, I do medical research for a living, so I am an analytical thinking man.....but some things are just to obvious for anyone to ignore (like Obama is a communist!)!

The article also says that Honda is making a mistake matching the XX up against the Raptor 700....and of course I said that right off the bat as well.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes but compared to the 525 irs it sucks and the raptor is miles ahead of both but with a couple years of R@d and fit and finish honda should have a capable machine, but polaris was there first and maybe yamaha will have a raptor irs and I know that this is going to come up about the outlaw NO EFI give polaris another year and I will expect it for the 2010 model

Old 09-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Red Rider

Hey, I think Honda has a turd on their hands here! It is a specialized machine with a very limited market share, and it's coming out at a time when the market isn't moving anyway. You can bet that Honda execs aren't sleeping very well at night because of this one....

Then there is the Big Red sideXside.......and from what I hear, the Polaris isn't moving either......

Old 09-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Shapeshifter Rider

Well I just hope for 2010 we get a wider 450r with efi and an updated 400ex.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

It must make you very proud to be so right, about so many things, all of the time. LOL</end quote></div>

Don't forget to mention that Honda's are the best inventions since sliced bread!

Old 09-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: wildwest1011

Don't forget to mention that Honda's are the best inventions since sliced bread!

</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2008, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

i dont think its a total, absolute turd. i read a test where they compared the 700xx to the outlaw 525irs and the 700xx smoked it everytime in acceleration and top speed... that (and ergonomics) was the only category it won. the outlaw irs dogged it in the handling department primarily b/c the honda had too much body roll due to the rear being too soft. they said that you could not adjust the rear shocks on the xx to help correct that problem, which i find strange b/c i was a the dealer the other day looking at it; i saw adjustments. maybe i was hallucinating? i do agree that it is not raptor fighter. id buy the raptor in a hearbeat over the xx.

but add SRA option to the 700xx and we will have a contender. that engine makes more hp and torque than the raptor's in stock form...

the bigred on the other hand - that thing is too big, to heavy, underpowered and overpriced; and they arent moving off dealers' floors. i see the conotation with the bigred name to such a big utv but they ruined the name to me; that 250 bigred threewheeler used to be one hell of a three wheeler; it would go anywhere and do almost anything. you could have it buried in mud and it would still be chugging along. they should have brought the name back for one of the capable 4x4 atvs instead.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I just don't get the 700XX.

I'm starting to fear the reason I don't know that Honda did not want to compete with the Raptor 700R more directly. I've actually even thought of doing a 650 Honda engine conversion on my 400EX. I mean do I not know something? Would this not be right in there with a 700R?

Anyways, I strongly considered an IRS sport quad this time around before buying. I knew the 700XX was coming, but I did not even consider it. I went dead straight for a Polaris Outlaw IRS.

I'd have one right now too... if the dealer had not robbed the wire harness off the bike for a rolling customer and fail to order a replacement. I found this out after driving over 100 miles, working the deal, doing the papers and waiting for them to service it up to go.

So to me, Honda is indirectly competing with the Outlaw, which I think is a better choice even at lower displacement.

reconranger,
Will you go see if you can help me in my pilot screw thread?
I'm really frustrated on getting this EX cranking right again.

Quick Reply: 700XX....Eastern Trail Quad!!!