Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 11-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
2005 Honda 400ex

Send a message via AIM to Leroy400ex
Default Honda 400ex exhaust system

im looking to upgrade my exhaust on my 2005 400ex. i am looking at either the yoshimura RS-3 Comp. exhaust. this is a full system exhaust. i am also looking at the big gun evo-r series complete exhaust. does anyone know how these systems perform? i like the evo-r because it is in the 94-96 dB range. while the yoshi(i have heard one on a 300ex) isnt annoyingly loud. i took my megamax off my 400 and put the stocker back on. i was sick of the annyingly loud sound output it has. plus i didnt think it sounded all that great. i can definately tell my EX is down on power with out the pipe. this is something im going to buy right off. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
2005 Honda 400ex

Send a message via AIM to Leroy400ex

Does anyone have any suggestions for a complete exhaust system for a 400ex??
Old 11-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

To be honest, I know little about the 400ex (hopefully not for long!) but the Big Gun Evo-R series works magic with my little 07' 250ex! It is insanely loud without the spark arrestor installed, and I am going to change that even if a little power has to be sacrificed. To be honest I'd give the Big Gun a go, I've loved everything they've done so far except their phone service is terrible half the time!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

I am not an exhaust expert, but my DMC works well in my opinion. My alien system has been on since '02 and has held up. I've read some good things about the new afterburner exhaust from them. They have either comp series system at about 102db, or the quiet which is at about 96db. I have ridden a Raptor 250 with this system, sounded good and made a lot more power.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

i have a fmf on my 400ex but i dont think its loud enough so im going to put a hmf full system on it
Old 12-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

the big gun exhaust is the best for honda 400ex. i had the full system on my 2003 400ex. With the full exhaust its gonna be loud regaurdless what pipe you use (around 95 to 96 dbs) with the silencer. extremly loud with out the silencer. ( i had the cops called on me cause people thought i was shooting a shotgun without the silencer) But with the mods you got you really need a full system, the cam is sucking in and letting out more air. thats why i only got a k&n filter with a jet kit with open airbox to keep the noise down so i can ride in peace. I use a 41 tooth sprocket to help with the acceleration. wish i could help more man sorry.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

I have the full Yoshi RS-3 carbon fiber exhaust on my '08 and love it. Sounds awesome, not overly loud at all. IMO it has the best sound of any system on the market. Turn the rev's up and it screams. Got a very nice power boost in the low to mid rpm range.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:54 PM

Tags
400ex, big, brands, exhaust, fmf, full, gun, honda, jets, jetting, megamax, rating, rs, system, yoshimura