Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

08 Rincon Overheating, AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Rincon Overheating, AGAIN

I guess its something I will start looking for as I start putting miles on. Thanks Jeffin

Glad to here you got your vacation in still. Hope the bike treated you well for vacation.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Trailblazer

Concerning the type of anti-freeze, outside of the one time on the trail I used bottle water the only stuff put in the radiator was bought from the Honda Shop. I had read what you (JeffinTD) said somewhere on this forum, which is great by the way. I'm still not convinced with Hondas thoughts but also haven't picked up the bike yet. And thanks for the help on how to access, I;ll be sure and clean this area well. Also it seems like I read somewhere on the forum about placing spacers between the radiator and the oil cooler to make cleaning this area alot easier, think I'll investigate this further.
Thanks for all the help guys and I'm glad my vacation is still on. The wife really wants to ride so were going to mud creek here in Texas for the week. May try a day ride at River Run one day.
Thanks again and I'll post again if I have any trouble's.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

Thougth I would update all after picking up the 08 Rincon and a ride. Talk to the mechanic, he stated Honda would not cover another water pump due to the dirt on my rad.. After looking at it the dirt didnt look that bad. The mechanci however said it was, so moral to the story is if you ride in dirty conditions as I do clean the rad daily with a water hose. The left side cover is easy to remove and makes getting a hose to the rad easier. We rode most of last week at Mud Creek in Texas, the new mud lites realy made a differences, think I high cenetered onced. Wit 6 inches of rain in the are a couple days prior and several trails way too deep to get too I very happy. If I have issues again with thr water pump I'll probably trade and go for the can am. The rad should take the mud and still keep going, it was a light covering that I could still see through the fins. Talk to another Honda owner and he installed another rad. to the system , would love to see this. Any way I hope this helps other. The ride was great and I can't wait to go again, my daughter and wife are ready to go as well. Thanks for all the helps folks, ride safe.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think you will find with any liquid cooled quad even a light coat of mud on the radiator can cause problems.

If you are going to be in the deep mud a lot, you might end up relocating the radiator to the front rack.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I stick with the honda!!!! the sportiness and handling of that bike are far better then the can am. I think its a better bike too, unless your going to the drag strip, stick with the rincon. Through some parts at it , 3&4 wheel action did a hop on the rincon a while back, fairly mild ones, shocks, tires and wheels intake, a cam and programer and exhaust system, i guess the thing really woke and they didnt even get into the motor. Good luck, those things are practicly bullet proof.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

hi all new to all this but have a ? i have a2001 honda rubicon foreman 500fa have a water pump problem i took it off to check everything i just got quad and was running hot i put new thurmostat in and all well when i put it back on as soon as i start up the water pump starts to get hot and then starts smoking i wounder if i not geting it in right and if so would that cause the pump to get so hot so fast thanks