Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 12-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Default wont stay running?

hi i maid a home maid chopper and it has a 49cc 2 stroke engine on it and it will not stay running its getting fuel spark and has plenty of compression it starts but wont stay running for not even 5 seconds. i used a smaller 2 stroke engine and its getting fuel spark and every thing and it runs just fine. ima using the same carb same plug same fuel and every thing why wont the 49cc stay running? any help will be appriciated thanks
Old 12-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Garage is empty, add now

Check for a plugged exhaust pipe
Old 12-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

i did every thing is unclogged but the crank shaft is hard to turn and on the other motor the crank shaft turns fine so could that be a problem?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Been having the same problem and took apart the carb 3 times, cleaned it, you name it, checked everything. Then a buddy told me he had the same problem and it was the needle in the carb sticking. It allows the carb bowl to fill up and then empty but then doesnt drop to allow refill. He said to just buy a new carb, they are about $30 cnd if you can find one. Don't quote me tho, I havent tried that yet. Im gonna try cleaning the needle 1st, then buy a new one if I have to.

Good luck & keep us posted
Old 04-24-2010, 08:35 PM

Tags
2stroke, 49cc, 50, atv, doesnt, fires, great, motor, quad, running, starts, stay, stroke, wildfire, wont