Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Tire Bead Leak?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tire Bead Leak?

I got a set of used rear tires and one of them had a small slice right on the bead.When i put them on it leaks real bad right where the cut it.Tire goes down in about 10 minutes with 20lbs in it.Should i tube it or slime it.Which will work better and make it so i can ride.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Trailblazer

I would tube it

Old 09-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

If it's truely on the bead and not on the sidewall you can use bead sealant. It works great.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

I am having a similar problem with my new tires I just bought. It is leaking around the bead but there is nothing wrong with the tire, not cut or anything. Where do you get bead sealant at? What about slime, would that work?

Old 09-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Trailblazer

Yes it is in the bead and not the side wall.I did go buy a tube but i have another tire i can use that on once i get rims.Where can you buy the bead sealant at?I have heard about it but cannot find anyplace that sells it.
Originally Posted by Doctorturbo
If it's truely on the bead and not on the sidewall you can use bead sealant. It works great.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

I am having a similar problem with my new tires I just bought. It is leaking around the bead but there is nothing wrong with the tire, not cut or anything. Where do you get bead sealant at? What about slime, would that work?
I bought mine at Napa. Slime would work, but I don't like that stuff in my tires.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

So far I have installed 2 of the tires and both are leaking around the bead in a couple different spots. And where they are leaking, there is a small hole in the rim, don't know what the hole is for.

This could possibly have something to do with it but I doubt it. I am installing 26x10x12 tires on rims that had 25x10x12 tires installed. Would the size difference be causing it to leak around the bead? The dealer where I bought the tires said it would fit no problem.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

So far I have installed 2 of the tires and both are leaking around the bead in a couple different spots. And where they are leaking, there is a small hole in the rim, don't know what the hole is for.
I would just get some bead sealant and put on the bead and see if that stops it. It should work fine. Make sure the rim is spotless when the tire meets it.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

So far all 4 tires have leaked around the bead in the same area, right where the holes are in the rim. I have never seen that before. Why would these 26 inch tires be leaking around the bead when the tires I had on there before did not leak around the bead? I got some sealant and so far it has stopped the leak. I had to put it on fairly heavy. I am using soap to check for leaks, how long should I let that stuff dry before I spray it with soap? Just curious, are you supposed to let the stuff dry before you air the tire back up or do you air it up as quickly as possible?

Old 09-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

What kind of sealant did you buy and where did you get it.Do you have a pic of the can or product.

Quick Reply: Tire Bead Leak?