Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

New foreman

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New foreman

Just picked up a new 2014 holdover. It's the 4×4 model with manual shift and eps. Anything I should be made aware of that the dealer didn't mention ? This is my first atv so I'm a complete newbie to atving. Uses are going to be hunting, icefishing, snowplowing, and dragging the kids around on sleds. Nothing really strenuous unless snowplowing is considered strenuous. Not planning on mud bogging or long distance trailing.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Snow plowing can be hard on equipment. The biggest thing is keep up on air filter maintenance and fluid changes for long machine life. Your quad is perfect for.your intended use, and you should get many years of service out of it. Congrats!

Old 12-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Obviously you'll never have to worry about the electric shift going out either. I had a Rancher es recently and it was a 2002 and it still shifted properly so it seemed to be quite reliable, at least on that model. It should do quite well for what you intend to do with it and give you many years of service. Although you say you didn't intend to use it much for trail riding, I bet you'll hit some trails when you have time. Might as well have a little fun with it.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:29 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Scooter86
Snow plowing can be hard on equipment. The biggest thing is keep up on air filter maintenance and fluid changes for long machine life. Your quad is perfect for.your intended use, and you should get many years of service out of it. Congrats!
Thanks ! Yes I have every intention of keeping the fluids and filters taken care of. Hopefully won't have to plow to much.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by greg74
Obviously you'll never have to worry about the electric shift going out either. I had a Rancher es recently and it was a 2002 and it still shifted properly so it seemed to be quite reliable, at least on that model. It should do quite well for what you intend to do with it and give you many years of service. Although you say you didn't intend to use it much for trail riding, I bet you'll hit some trails when you have time. Might as well have a little fun with it.
Oh there is plenty of trails out in the deer woods. And most of its life will be spent as a fun machine, towing kids on their sleds and such.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:30 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Snow blowing is not hard on a ATV since the ATV will easily break wheel traction on snow and ice and just spin its wheel well before its power limit.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by TLC
Snow blowing is not hard on a ATV since the ATV will easily break wheel traction on snow and ice and just spin its wheel well before its power limit.
That's good to hear, I just picked up a Cycle Country 54" blade.

NodakJohns, just joined the ATV community myself this year. Have my eye on a LL Bean Toboggan

Have fun!

Old 12-07-2015, 07:50 AM
Trailblazer

Yea that toboggan looks nice. We had similar ones growing up. Never pulled them behind anything but they were fun ! Getting my winch and snowplow installed today ! Pics later .

Old 12-07-2015, 11:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I remember when I was a kid, my Grandpa had a sled made out of railroad ties he pulled behind a tractor. That thing was huge, you could probably have gotten like 8 people on it. I did have a smaller sled as well similar to this toboggan but that is a distant memory as well. We used to pull it behind a lawn mower. We didn't have any quads back then but that would have been a lot of fun I'm sure.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer

Got my new moose 60" plow installed today ! Lifting it is a new provantage 2500 s warn winch ! Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow ! Pics tomorrow!

Quick Reply: New foreman