Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2006 Foreman doesnt start

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Foreman doesnt start

Good Afternoon,

I have a 2006 foreman and its electric shift, so, as I'm riding it the battery dies and there's not enough power in the battery to shift. So, I usually return to camp and put jumper cables on it connected to my truck to charge it back up. I've done it dozens of times. This past time, I left it running, put the jumper cables on it to my truck which was also running. Well I walked over to another camp forgot I had it connected. Well 45 mins later I remembered and walked back over to disconnect it and the atv eng wasn't running anymore, but the lights still on and everything. Now when I push the start button it turns over but doesn't fire. That's my mess I'm in. I've changed the rectifier, spark plug, spark plug wire, ignition relay, all the fuses, piston and rings, and I've changed the battery 2 times since then. Those are the parts I've changed out. I checked for spark, removed the spark plug and held it up against the cylinder and it was nice color blue. Also something I've noted is that fuel is not gettin to the spark plug. I pull that choke out and hold the throttle down and turn it over and the plug has been bone dry every time. I poured a little bit of fuel down in the cylinder and tried to turn it over and it popped. Sometimes when I hit the primer button on the bottom of the carburetor a fuel times it'll pop but wont start. I've cleaned the heck outta that carburetor. Carb cleaner in every possible hole. Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Old 01-26-2016, 03:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

First, check compression, if you have fitted new rings and the bore was OK you should have good compression, if you haven't, you must have faulty valves. The 350 has a problem with the seat inserts coming loose, but it may be a burnt valve, I assume you set them to 0.006" at TDC on the compression stroke when you put the head back. If you do have good compression take the carb apart again and check those jets by looking through them, I don't go for fitting new jets as a rule but if all else has failed, it may be time to try a new idle jet, main jet and needle. Did you check the diaphragm for splits etc?