Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2003 Rubicon For Plowing. Need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Rubicon For Plowing. Need some advice.

I've been considering buying an ATV for work/play around our home and at our cabin (1200 acres) as well as my parents place (90 acres). We only have 2 acres, but it's a large lot with a decent amount of work that gets done that could warrant an ATV (including plowing).

Anyways, my dad made me a deal I really couldn't pass up. He is tired of storing his 2003 Rubicon (it's in great shape as he hardly rides it), so he said, I can store it and do what I want with it...for free So while it isn't my choice of quad as it's a little older and full-time 4wd, the price is right.

So I started doing a little shopping, and I'm looking for a SUPER easy connection/disconnection plow system. I need to purchase the whole system including the winch.

Right now I'm mainly looking at the Warn Provantage system as it seems to be one of the few complete kits that fits this older model (I couldn't find anything with regard to Eagle, and Moose).

First off, what is everyone's opinions of this system? Good? Bad?

My driveway is curved (paved), and is ~30 ft wide, and 165ft long with 45' linear two road frontage. Would I best suited for a ~54" plow? Straight or tapered? Is synthetic rope winch line recommended?

I want to be able to plow both the paved surfaced as well as clear a bath from my barn to my driveway and home (all yard). I'm guessing chains would be ideal here, but unsure as to how they would perform on pavement.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!