Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Pics Of your 400ex in the air!

Old 05-13-2001, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wazzup..Does anyone have pics of there 400ex getting some air, and how far, and high was it about, and was it plain stock or had some mods.. i want to get a picture of how good the 400ex can jump and whats it limits.. If u can send pics thanks

Old 05-13-2001, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

See the link in my sig. The thing that most limits your jumps on the 400EX is the size of your ...., well, you get the idea.

Old 05-13-2001, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks alot gabe...damn do u get some sick air!! Do u still have stock suspension, on or is it after market suspension? At little sahara what gear were u on and how tall were the hills?

Old 05-14-2001, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

86atc that is a high jump, but i just wanna say nice mullet.

Old 05-14-2001, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

I don't have a website, but I will win.

Old 05-14-2001, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

Most of those pics were taken with stock suspension, some were with aftermarket.

Some of the dunes jumps were in 3rd, some were in 4th. Those were pics from my 1st trip to the sand, I've improved since then -- I believe many of the dunes at Sahara are in the realm of 75' tall.

Old 05-14-2001, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.uslink.net/~philzie/new.html

http://www.uslink.net/~philzie/trx.html

http://www.uslink.net/~philzie/danjensen400ex2.jpg

Almost all of my really big jumps are with works triple rate front shocks, stock rear shock.

A couple big ones were done with stock fronts, but that sucked, so I stopped before something broke.

I do most of my jumps in 3rd and 4th gear.

Old 05-14-2001, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not going to name names. But why do people insist on posting fake pics? I love looking at big air ATV pics as much as the next guy, but come on! I can copy any one of these pics into Microsoft Paint and simply enlarge the size to see that they are simple cut and paste jobs. You can tell when the area right around the quad is fuzzy but the background is not. Here's an example: Copy this picture into Microsoft Paint. Then select (view), pull down to(zoom), and select(large size). Now you can see what I'm taking about. This picture was taken off of Dana Creech's website. Why in the world does he post fake pics when we all know that he is capable of doing such jumps? The world will never know.

The next time your enjoying some great quad air pics. Give this technique a try. The results might be shocking.

Old 05-14-2001, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

That is the trouble with digital pictures, it is too easy to fake.

I just want to say that I guarantee every picture on my website is real and not doctored. (Except for tweeking brightness/contrast, and sharpness.) There is no cut and paste.

I understand where you are coming from Chris, I have recieved phony pictures in my email from people who want me to post them on my 'site. They were respectfully declined.

As for the Dana picture, I think it is real. The fuzz you see around the quad is also around the lightpole and trees. It is a byproduct of digital imagery and artifact from the .jpg compression. Usually caused by shrinking and or compressing the picture so it does not take so long to download. I don't think his mom has the time to screw around with making fake pictures anyway.

Old 05-14-2001, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

I hear everything your saying Phil. I don't mean to point the finger at any one person. I just want to inform everyone about the garbage floating around.

Jumping is fun. But it takes several skills to become a well-rounded rider/racer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics Of your 400ex in the air!