Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 07-10-2001, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Does anyone have any experience with a cobra exhaust for a 300ex. They are very inexpensive and come with a headpipe. I've been looking at both the aluminum series and the Cobra Jet series. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 07-10-2001, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

They are very very loud, but produce a pretty good power gain. I would get the Cobra Jet.
Old 07-10-2001, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Okay, a guy I race against has a Cobra exhaust on his 400EX. If I remember right, it's just the Cobra 4-Stroke system. He told me that the Cobra gave more power than his White Brothers E-Series. I don't know much about the Cobra exhausts except they are extremely loud. If you're on the track, the loud sound shouldn't matter, but trail riding, it may be too loud for your and other's tastes.
Old 07-10-2001, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Yeah, were talking about the same guy WC. If it gives more power than an Eseries, its doing something.
Old 07-10-2001, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via ICQ to bermbanger

Well guys this is no lie. My ex is tock motorwise except for my cobra silencer and headpipe and a K&N filter. I raced my friends totally stock 2000 400ex in a field with about 6in of grass. I could get beat him until he hit 4th then he would pull away by 1 quad length. We switched and I could barely beat him with the 400. Then we went to the highway and he beat my by about 2 quad lengths in a loooong stretch. Thats not to bad. Close enough to work with[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2001, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Maybe its just the riders we never switched but my buddy bought a cobra exhaust and rejetted and I still beat him in drags, woods, etc.
Old 07-11-2001, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

i have a cobra jet silencer on my 250X, it's loud, not that i mind it, and it sounds REALLY Cool, and i think that i got a bit of a power gain too
Old 07-11-2001, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

I have a cobra exhaust on my 300ex and sure its loud but I bought a spark arrestor(its called a "Sparky&quot that fits on the pipe and its much more quiet. I took the cobra off and put the stock exhaust back on to a couple of months ago, to see what it would do. MAN I tell you when I put the cobra back on it was a signifcant difference, like day and night. With the cobra on it the bike was a lot more torquey and my top end increased very much.
Old 07-12-2001, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Just with my Silencer, i noticed a HUGE difference in bottom end power and torque, as compared to the stock one. i love it!!!
Old 07-12-2001, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via ICQ to bermbanger

I was planning on selling my Cobra and getting a White Bros Pro Meg, but after hearing some of you guys talkling about the difference they made I think I'll keep it. It was on there when I got it, and I've never rode a stock 300ex.
Old 07-12-2001, 10:59 AM

Tags
2001, 300ex, 400ex, aluminum, atv, bad, cobra, exhaust, gain, honda, jet, loud, pipe, silencer, sound