Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I guess a 400EX is better than the Z afterall

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not into this bashing crap but i do have something to say to 14mins...to quote him:

"Most honda riders do not post break downs in the public forum here. They pm each other. They do not want to tarnish the Honda repatation."

Now that's a pile of crap...if i have a problem i come straight to this forum and post it...also i have NEVER received a PM from another honda owner looking for a fix to a problem....i had a problem over the weekend and came here first thing this morning and posted it...didn't PM anyone because more people will see it this way!!...why would you say something so stupid anyway...if we did PM each other, how would you know?

Old 07-29-2002, 11:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

greatcandaian- Cause honda owners pm me wanting to know how to fix there quads. We have a drag strip and mx track that we let quads use on our land. So far honda is in the lead with the number of break downs. Honda GREATNESS is vastly overrated. I do not care what you ride, but no reason to lie about it. The Z400 is superior to the 400ex, no ifs ands or butts.

Old 07-29-2002, 05:52 PM
Range Rover

"I'm also hearing alot on Suzuki forums about the lack of low-end torque, excessive tranny noise, and even tranny problems!

yikes!!!!"

i love those honda guys starting rumors about the Z400 already, man why dont they just give up the Z400 is better in every way than the 400ex, except for maybe the axle which seems to be the big swingarms fault. i know i have both on the Z no problems, on the 400ex have had bent steering stem from a soft roll over in the sand!!!!, the carb had problems, the kill switch didnt work, the parking brake died after a month ( typical i know ). now the cluth shifter is bent inwards. its a bitch too start and get going ( but thats cause i need to rejet and add a bigger pilot ).

the Z just rips compared to the 400ex even when i didnt have my pipe. i think my axle is bent though but i havent checked, i hope it is i want a lsr +4 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 07-29-2002, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Your parking brake lasted a month! Hell, that's not typical; that's a miracle. When I bought my 300ex (brand spankin new) I loaded it up in the truck, put it on the parkin brake, and before I got home from the 30 minute trip, my dad started slowin down to turn and BAM! the EX slams into the cab (luckily not breakin the window!). So my parking brake went out 5 mins before I got to my house! A whole 25 mins of parking brake use! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] No lie. LOL! Oh well, good thing someone invented the tie down straps. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The Cannondale's have the parking brake set on the front brake (which makes more sence, I guess) but after it's engaged for a while, the lines lose pressure and you have to pull the lever a couple of times to pump the pressure back into it. So, parking brakes suck, no matter what they're on.

P.S. I know I was off topic, but who cares, the original topic sucks.

Old 07-29-2002, 07:20 PM
Range Rover

<< P.S. I know I was off topic, but who cares, the original topic sucks. >>

amen to that brother lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2002, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

I wanna clear something up here.It seems like there is so much bashing on different makes of quads in here.THe truth is Honda is overated and still doesnt give the people what they want,alot of other companys are following suit with no 2 stroke bikes.The other thing is How ya take care and maintain the bike,I mean if ya hit a rock w the rim or careen off the a-arm or over jump a bike cause your a damn hamfisted spode and pretzel a axle,its not the bike that sucks its YOU.

Old 07-29-2002, 08:36 PM
RIP Dear Friend

<< Our local Honda dealer said he hasnt sold a 400ex since the Z400 came out. >>

When I was at our local dealer a while back I couldn't beleive it. They had just a few quads. Hondas Quads are not selling so why keep them in stock.

Chet

Old 07-29-2002, 08:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

lol chet. Are the feet all healed up.

Old 07-29-2002, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

From a lifelong Honda rider,,who is willing to try all. You all bash the 400ex without &quot;THINKING&quot; The EX is a quad that has been virtually unchanged in the last 5 years,,,being beatin by a company(Suzuki) whom hasn't built a sport quad for 11 years isn't a big deal. Hell, if Honda quit building quads for 10 + years and then came back you could bet your bottom dollar it would be,,once again,,THE BEST ON EARTH!!! That is the bottom line,,,,,Apples to Apples my friends.

Old 07-29-2002, 10:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Whoever builds the first 400 lb., 75hp quad, i am there. But it will not be honda.

Quick Reply: I guess a 400EX is better than the Z afterall