Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rode the Rincon 650 today..SWEEEEEET!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 10:54 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has discs in the front and drums in the rear I think or else it's the other way around.

Old 08-08-2002, 03:50 PM
Range Rover

Do all dealers smoke the tires on quads that they plan to sell? Is this quad a dealer demo or do you plan to sell it as a NEW bike to some poor sucker?

Woodo

Old 08-08-2002, 04:32 PM
The Facility

Woodo68,

Yes, it IS a demo...along with the Prairie and about 40+ other quads sitting out front.

The green one, which is what we got in this first shipment, was not a pre-sold unit.

4 Red ones, when ever they do come in, are pre-sold.

dustyrusty,
Drums on the front and disc for the rear.

There is nothing wrong with drum front brakes. The performance is close to disc, but longevity is far better regardless of what others say. If you ride in extremly deep water, neither setup will last long.

I sell brakes for quads day in and day out. I sell more front brake pads for the Kawasakis and Yamahas than I do with brake shoes for the Hondas. Despite the fact that we sell more Hondas than we do Kaw, Yam, and Suz combined......something to think about considering that all Honda utility ATVs have front drum brakes.

Old 08-08-2002, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

the drums last fine. the triple disc thing was prob ment to be triple sealed drums (they have 3 rubber seals on the drums to keep water out) the rear disc is mounted inboard on the rear drive shaft, outta harms way. i wouldn't not buy a quad just because it has drum brakes, i hardly use my brakes, after all engine breaking does most of the work for me. the ride on the Rincon is a lot more comfortable compared to the p650, and it's just as powerful, and in some cases more.

Old 08-08-2002, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Knowsalot, are you an undercover Dirtwheels columnist? LOL. j/k.

Old 08-08-2002, 11:08 PM
The Facility

LMAO!!!!!

I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or insult.

I do good to just get everything typed out like I want it. My brain outruns my fingers at times....usually resulting in a post that even I don't understand.....LOL

Old 08-09-2002, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got to check out the first Rincon at a local dealer today look's great and feel's really nice in the seat real sporty compared to my Rubi glad to hear some good comments about the power and ride I've had a deposit on one since Feb. and I'm still third on the list hope they turn more loose soon maybe this thread will stay alive and we can get some good feed back from the first round owner's first one here sold for $7100.00

Old 08-10-2002, 12:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I picked up my first Rincon tonight and what a machine. I don't know who rode the machine for Dirt Wheels but they had to be a drag car driver. If this thing had any more bottom end I would be laying on the pavement in the dealers parking lot. I only had enough time to drive it around the lot a couple of times and into the back of the trailer. I ran over a curb in the lot going around 20 mph and didn't even feel it. If you get a chance you have got to drive one. If this doesn't win 4 wheeler of the year something is wrong. and as far as drum brakes go they had the tires smoking as I was trying to stop before running through the back of my trailer. I can't wait for Sunday as I have a short afternoon trip planned and I will report how the machine handles in the hills. After this is broken in it should really fly. My dealer tells me that my other Rincon will arrive in the first part of September.

Old 08-10-2002, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

2 Rincons, you should be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY thankful!!!

Old 08-10-2002, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Sweels:

Keep us posted!

Quick Reply: Rode the Rincon 650 today..SWEEEEEET!!