Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rode the Rincon 650 today..SWEEEEEET!!

Old 08-10-2002, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer told me that mine would be in next Monday or Tuesday. I ordered
a red one and was afraid the first one my dealer would get would be green,but it's a red one. It is for my wife but I am just as excited as her to get it. It should be a big difference between her old ATV.
97 TRX300 2WD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2002, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

just curious, but are you paying full retail where as they just came out?

Old 08-12-2002, 07:14 PM
Range Rover

Sorry i just wanted to bring this thread to the top.I want to here more from Rincon owners,What about gas milage and hows the power feel in the mud?Does it shift down when needed.Thank you.

Old 08-13-2002, 01:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Had the Rincon out Sunday but not in the mud. We have a drought here and it probably will be a month before we have any to get into. The trans shifts down with no problem and I need to experiment a little more with that but it seemed to vary depending on when you let off the throttle and how fast you were going when you did if that makes any sense. The power is amazing! you have to ride one and try to ride one on the dirt. The dealerships with just asphalt don't do this machine justice. We also bought a Rancher 4X4 ES and A new Rubicon for my son and daughter and they are super. My wife thought she might take the Rubicon but after riding the Rincon that was the end of that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2002, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer

There is nothing wrong with drum front brakes. Lack of reliability, high maintenance, lack of performance. That pretty much sums up what's wrong with drum brakes. The performance is close to disc, No, it's not. And the performance gets progressively worse as brake dust builds up on the drum. but longevity is far better regardless of what others say. The tires on a broken down ATV last longer than on a running one. Does that mean broken down ATVs are better? If you ride in extremly deep water, neither setup will last long. They may last about the same time, but disc brakes work better and longer.

I sell brakes for quads day in and day out. I sell more front brake pads for the Kawasakis and Yamahas than I do with brake shoes for the Hondas. I bet you sell more rear brake shoes for Hondas than fronts. That's because the rear brake is easier to adjust, so it wears out faster and that most Honda riders will maintain the rear brake if they maintain the brakes at all. Despite the fact that we sell more Hondas than we do Kaw, Yam, and Suz combined......something to think about considering that all Honda utility ATVs have front drum brakes.

Here's something else to think about: when was the last time you heard about someone crashing because their disc brakes failed? and when was the last time you heard about someone crashing because their drum brakes failed?. Disc brakes wear out faster because they actually work.

Old 09-15-2002, 01:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

swheels hey telll meee pleeeasee how u can afford all those new machinees wow thats so tight please explain.

Old 09-15-2002, 11:27 AM
Range Rover

Two weeks ago I was on our yearly 8 day "manly" trip to the mountains in Colorado to ride, and ran into a guy riding a Rincon in the high country up above Taylor reservoir. He had just picked it up two days before in Kansas, and was on his yearly trip with his buddies. If I had known they were still this rare, I would have asked him more questions, sorry.

Lorrin

Old 09-16-2002, 08:48 PM
ROE
Trailblazer

DO YOU KNOW OF ANY RECALLS ON THE NEW RINCONS???

Old 09-17-2002, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Knowsalot and Swheels it's so nice to see someone with an actual Rincon. A question of two if you don't mind? Does the back end droop and the front end come up when you give it the throttle like a Polaris 700? IS the front diff like a Rancher with the ratcheting type system as three wheel drive is a real disappointment? Swheels you say the acceleration is comparible to the Kawi 650 sounds interesting. Another problem IRS has is the compression of the back end when going up a steep incline, Polaris's are inherent with this problem. Does the Honda do the same or can you climb with confidence? Your informaiton is worth more than the magazines will ever be thank you for your first hand help. Have fun.

Old 09-17-2002, 12:53 AM
Range Rover

alltoys,

I hope it's OK that I hop in here. I think it would be an expected thing that the rear would compress a resonable amount when starting off since it can pull the front wheels off the ground, but I don't feel any type of instability. I've followed my Rincon while someone else is riding it and have noticed that the each side will be even with each other but didn't notice them ever both being past the center point at the same time.

I've also watched it run through some fairly deep mud and have yet to see only three wheels pulling. I'm running stock tires at this point so I'm sure that helps a bit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rode the Rincon 650 today..SWEEEEEET!!