Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Do you guys like your Rubicon's?

Old 08-08-2002, 06:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just curious, there aren't very many topics on this board that talk about them. I just bought one and really like it.

Waco4whlr

2003 Green Rubicon

Old 08-08-2002, 08:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

whats not to like :great tranny,plenty of power and honda reliability.

Old 08-09-2002, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

Love mine. That trans is amazing isn't it?

Old 08-09-2002, 06:25 AM
Trailblazer

I love mine. It's a cold blooded beast but its a great machine. The only problems have been the hard starting (even the arctic primer does not help)and I had some wire connections get wet causing the machine to sputter and back fire because it didn't know what gear it was actually in. I hear a lot of people on this forum who talk about the drum breaks on Honda's and how bad they are. I have been in water over the seat on more than one occasion and in some pretty serious mud and have never gotten anything in to them. I also very rarely use the break because the engine breaking is so good.
I just recently added the Warn 424 select and now its even more fun to ride. I also just added 27" Goodyear Mudrunners and cast aluminum wheels which really make the thing look sharp. I am looking to add a front bunper with a winch, does anyone have one they would recomend? I also like to do some night riding and was woundering if any one replaced the headlight bulb with a brighter one.

Old 08-09-2002, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

Love it !

Old 08-09-2002, 11:22 AM
Trailblazer

Mine was a little cold blooded the first winter I had it, but now it fires up no matter what the temperature. Maybe it's broken in now? I have 2500 miles on it and I've had zero problems. I would like the Warn 424, but I might wait to see if the 2004's have Traxlock. I'd buy another one in a heart beat.

Old 08-09-2002, 12:53 PM
Range Rover

Thanks guys! Good to hear so many positive responses. I'm fixing to put a winch on mine, do any of you have winches? I'm going to buy the new ATV3000 by Superwinch. I wasn't a big fan of Superwinch but this is a whole new animal. Read about it at Highlifter.comm. Has more power and draws less amps than a Warn 2500. Also has absolutely zero plastic parts inside, where I know Warn has several. It is compared very favorable to the Ramsey 3000, which is one heck of a winch. I also want a front bumper, been looking at the moose super bumper. Moose technicians say it won't work with a winch, but I finally got one of them to say that they have to say that because they are not allowed to tell people that with just a little fabrication on my part it could work beautifully. How do most of you guys ride your Rubi's? In automatic or shift mode? I personally really like shifting, it seems to have a little more pep. The guys at Highlifter keep trying to get me to buy the locker they sell. Have any of you had that much trouble in four wheel drive that you need it. Is the limited slip differential that bad. I previously owned an Arctic Cat 500 and I never felt like a needed any help in any situation. I know there probably is some situations I might have needed help, but I never found one.

Waco4whlr
03 Green Rubi

Old 08-09-2002, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

I love mine.