Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I dated a tree hugger!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 12:48 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hee Hee! I did send that to her also fendercover. That was funny as he!i.

Old 08-16-2002, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

I sent that to her fendercover! That was funnier than he!i.

Old 08-16-2002, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

most important..... DID YOU NAIL HER?

Old 08-16-2002, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

seen CNN lately? Oregon is where this comes from. yes, half the state is on fire!
thanks to envirogeeks who come up here from where? hint: starts with California! and tells us all what to do with forests we,ve been safley managing for over 100 years. how they do it is tie up and land use changes in court with their tax free PACs....that measn if they dont want you in the woods, you're outtathere! soemtimes for years!
BUt, now that we,ve lost sop mnay acres of good timber (their houses are made of compressed legal documents i think) they are fighting the attempt to go in and log off whats usable! makes ya go "hmmmmmmm"
so who's profiting from this, cuz thats always the motivation.
..and in a couple weeks, we let the hunters into the woods. the same woods athat are closed to atvs with required spark arrestors..... they dont sell bbq's or cigarettes with spark arrestors here, that i have seen, anyway.
so now ya know where i am! sorry . thanx for your time! ride safe.
if ya have probs, call or write the ATVA, haavebt heard back yet, but i trust Doug and will wait a while longer! thanx friends, for letting me rave!

Old 08-16-2002, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

oh yeah, sorry!
and when these characters get lost in what's left of the great Oregon Wilderness, who goes a'huntin' for 'em? Volunteers on their own quads!!!
I've seen ds650, raptor, wolverine, you name it! atver's are nice folks!
these 'others' are just too selfish.... disappointing

Old 08-17-2002, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

No I didn't I wasn't lookin for a piece anyway but that's another story... She got too "busy" for me. Musta been all those petitions to sign.

Here's an e-mail she sent me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
WHY? Snowmobiles hurt wildlife:
Snowmobile pollution is so bad in Yellowstone, park rangers have had to
wear gas masks and have air pumped into their booths to curb dizziness,headaches, and nausea. Yellowstone has the U.S.'s worst carbon monoxide (CO) readings (36 parts per million, which is worse than in any U.S. city).bSnowmobiles release 531,000 tons of carbon monoxide and 200,000 tons of harmful hydrocarbons annually. They can release as much air pollution in seven hours as one passenger car driven 100,000 miles. In a single weekend, snowmobiles often pour out more pollution in Yellowstone than automobiles emit in the park in an entire year. Noise from snowmobiles disturbs park visitors and wildlife. Wild animals
must conserve calories during winter to make it through to spring.
Fleeing from snowmobile noise and harassment could mean the difference between surviving and not.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My response

Why cars hurt wildlife:

In north america alone cars release millions of tons of harmfull greanhouse gasses into our earth's precious atmosphere. Cars are also responsible for the deaths of countless deer, raccoons, rabbits, and yes even turtles. In california alone the state issues air quality warnings for each individual day. I propose we all convert to the Amish religion. This way everybody loses and we can all bitch about how good it used to be. There will be no electricity, no cars, no doctors, no computers, and most importantly there would be no sierra club.

Don't knock it untill you try it. I'll quit riding snowmobiles and other ORV's just as soon as I see every member of every enviromental orginazion driving compact european cars that get close to 60mpg city driving. Otherwise when I see an enviromental activist driving their mid 80's station wagon that has no emission controls on it and the back of it is plastered with save the earth stop polluting stickers I'm just going to laugh and call them a hiprocryte. Oh by the way your car isn't exactly emission friendly, better buy a new one just make sure you get a job that doesn't have some sort of a connection with a company that hurts our precious enviroment.

Oh by the way yellowstone has one of the highest tourist rates in the country, snowmobiles probly amount to 2% of any and all vehicles driven in there. Think of all the people who drive their gas guzzling SUV's pulling their campers. Maybe we should ban SUVs? Oh weedeaters are 2 cycle so are chain saws. After banning snowmobiles just think of all the weed eaters and chain saws pumping out harmful greenhouse gasses. Then you'll really be accomplishing something.

It's called being practical. You can't ever get your way 100% of the time. You have to COMPROMISE.

Sorry for the long post but we gotta stop these people, feel free to voice your opinions to her! sarahgenie03@yahoo.com

Old 08-17-2002, 01:09 AM
Trailblazer

I can honestly say I have never dated a tree hugger. Did you guys know that Ford is an active Sierra club supporter? This is one main reason that I do not and encourage others not to drive Fords. I am not trying to start a fight here, just making a serious statement.

Mike

Old 08-17-2002, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

what does orv stand for?

Old 08-17-2002, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

hey dog! ORV could be some pretty hilarious things if you think about it, but i think the point to be made is prob Off Road Vehicle,or maybe Oregon Resource Varmint, or maybe.....well, you get the idea right?
Hey maybe a new thread!!!!! have fun!

Old 08-17-2002, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

lol, nice one!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I dated a tree hugger!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!