Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda, Get off your but and make a race-ready Quad!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatwasthat,
They are not refering to the DW spoof. Whether it is a design study or a working mule or just good old fashioned disinformation, who knows.

Old 08-17-2002, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

so there is merit in the possibilty of designs for a 750?

Old 08-17-2002, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

look at the 750EX (the april fools one) and then look at honda PVC (personal water craft) and it's the same body, just an animated joke. i don't think you'll see a triple in the new honda, they're a lot harder to fine tune, more expensive to rebuild and they will weigh more.

<< Plus, I don't think honda will ever match the customer support of cannondale. >>

haha, i don't doubt c'dale has good support where they actually have dealers, but i've yet to see a c'dale store in atlantic canada. they just aren't as widely spread as honda. but i know what you mean.

Old 08-18-2002, 12:47 AM
The Facility

First of all, Honda said that they would no longer produce a two stroke vehicle for offroad use........and they haven't.

If they were to release a 250R, they would have to label it as &quot;Competition Use Only&quot; which would also mean that they would be under pressure to field a team in National competitions.

Old 08-18-2002, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

OK I'm pulling out my crystal ball &amp; what do I see from Honda??

There will never be another new TRX 250R. Live with it!!!
Honda was the first to bail when the &quot;Greenies&quot; started whining!
No New 2 stroke quads period.
2 stroke bikes? Honda will be the first to pull them. They have no guts to stand up to the &quot;Greenies&quot; They are cowards.
You want a 2 stroke quad?
Buy a Shee,
Build a 250R yourself. I think all parts are available.
Hope that KTM brings their 560 2 stroke quad to the US.
HONDA WILL NEVER BUILD ANOTHER 250R!!!

Honda will probably not release a race ready quad like the C'Dale Moto.
Once again Honda is gutless &amp; will not risk some kid getting banged up on a full race quad. They are scared to death of bad publicity.
If they release the CRF450R in a quad it will be detuned &amp; marketed as a sports quad With a warning label that says &quot;No jumping, Racing Or having any fun is allowed&quot;. It will be possible to make it a racer but that will of course void the warranty. I don't see Honda backing any kind of racing effort with their quads. This may make people think that their quads are for racing &amp; the warning label clearly states &quot;NO FUN!!&quot;

I do see a big bore sports quad in Hondas future. Probably based on the XR650. It will be fast, Handle better than any other quad made &amp; be as reliable as a sewing machine!
They have probably been testing such a quad for over 5 years, Maybe in another 3 years it'll be deemed ready for release.
Honda is nothing if not thourough in their testing. They have this quad in testing now &amp; it'll be better than anything out there &amp; will have none of the first year reliability problems that Suzuiki, Cannondale,Yamaha &amp; all others have had.
I will sell my Raptor for one, That's how sure I am that it'll be the best quad out there, but for the next 3~5 years I'll be having a great time on my Raptor.

The 300EX &amp; 400EX will still be in production 15 years from now. The 300 is a great beginers machine &amp; the 400 is a great intermeadiate quad.

Don't believe anything a Honda dealer tells you about new quads until after the dealer show (in September?) As my local Honda dealer told me the factory treats dealers like mushrooms. They keep them in the dark &amp; feed them ****!! They will know nothing until then.

Well that's all the predictions for now, My crystal ball needs a refil of Crown &amp; water!!!

Old 08-18-2002, 02:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have Heard strong rumours of a 450ex, or bigger. But they may just be rumours, and by the way, Honda is not gutless, its funny, that the 400ex, competes with fourwheelers almost twice its bore. And its also funny that the 250r is one of the fastest fourwheelers ever made. So dont bash Honda, you wont win, if you want to bash fourwheelers, find some Polaris lovers.

Old 08-18-2002, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not bashing their quads I'm saying that Honda is a gutless company run by lawers.
If they weren't why was 89 the last year for &quot;the best quad ever made&quot; &amp; Yamaha still has 2 sports quads powered by 2 stroke motors on the showroom floor?

Yes honda makes great quads however they are scared to do anything that would be considered wrong.
They are a huge gutless company that makes some of the best dirt bikes, street bikes, lawn mowers, generators &amp; just about anything else with a motor around. the quads they have are great just 5+ years behind everyone else.

How else would you explain no big bore quads &amp; killing the 250R so quick???

I owned a 86 250R &amp; it was a great quad. It was also 16 years old &amp; had a lot of hard miles on it &amp; was becoming a matinence nightmare, I sold it for my Raptor &amp; never looked back.

This is just my opinion. If you think I'm wrong how do you explain Honda Killing the 250R all those years ago &amp; being MIA in the big bore sport quad market!!??

Old 08-18-2002, 05:41 AM
Pro Rider

I'm drunk. Just returned from the LIVE concert. Can't believe what I'm readin'. Knowsalot, shame on you!! No one is saying Honda is coming out with a 2 stroke. Am I missing something?? The people refering to the DW spoof are idiots. Honda is THE 4 stroke company. If they come out with a 750 cool. [4 stroke] If they come out with a 650 great.[4 stroke] But you know they are coming out w/ something. Moose, Where can I find a 560 2 stroke quad from KTM?? I need an internet address so I can order it now. Order it for me and I'll drive to OK and give you a $250 &quot;bird-dog&quot;. I would have to say Honda is run by world class marketing and engineering people not by chicken-s*** lawyers. I've been doing their advertising for years and they always seem to be up at the top of retail sales. The stuff that is said on here sometimes is ridiculous.

Old 08-18-2002, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

<< If they weren't why was 89 the last year for &quot;the best quad ever made&quot; >>

guess what it STILL is the best quad EVER made. and don't you forget it!

half the people get all upset very easily, honda is #1 in sales in Canada. the 400EX WINS almost all the races, and the ones it doesn't a 250R oicks up the slack. it's 90% (or higher) rider anyways. lets get a chant going HONDA HONDA HONDA. are you getting mad yet??

Old 08-18-2002, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

no ones mad, honda is not gutless, they have the 400EX, wich is a top contender.

Quick Reply: Honda, Get off your but and make a race-ready Quad!!