Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anyone race in northeast Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty new to the area and I can't seem to find anyone to ride with, or at least anyone that doesn't stop for a break every 10 min. I actually went out riding a couple of weeks ago on the red river around Oklanunion and no one would ride with me. There were tons of people there on ex's, r's, and zuki's but none of them were wearing helmets and all they wanted to do was drag race. They all acted very intimidated when I asked them to hit the trail with me and then they just flat out refused! WTF? I'm going to the MX track in Nocona Saturday night. Will anyone else be out there? Should I go on to Gainsville? I looked at the track in Nocona and it was EXTREMELY well groomed and it only costs $10 to practice all day and you can go on and off the track as you please. This sounds great to me seeings how I'm used to quads getting limited time on the track. Someone PLEASE let me know.

Old 08-16-2002, 06:36 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Boogerbub,
I don't what type of racing you want to do.If it is MX there is plenty around Fort Worth. If it's Cross Country your looking for, there's a club that runs a winter series that had 4wheeler classes last year.T.O.R.O.
www.racetoro.com. If your looking for someone to ride with, I will be out at Rocky Ridge, Sunday morning. Where taking my wifes new Rincon out for a
spin. I always ride the CC track out there. Rocky Ridge is approximately 8 miles north of Decatur on Hwy 51. I have a silver Ford F250/blue Raptor.
Maybe I'll see ya out there.

Old 08-16-2002, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

There are quite a few racers on here from NE Texas. I'm just an MX'er, but I like to hit the trails every once in a while. There's a FAST chick on here named Jennifer.. Last I heard she made it out to Nocona alot. Nocona is a great track from what everyone says. See ya in the air.

Old 08-17-2002, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks alot for the info guys, especially about the cross country, that's what I'm most interested in but it seems like mx takes priority 'round here. Oh well, guess I'll just have to sharpen my skills on both, darn. I'm deffinately going out to Nocona. Probably tonight but I may have to wait til tommorow, the wife's fellin' pretty sick. Can't go to an MX track without someone to video, I mean, wouldn't want to miss all those superman's, heel clickers, and courdova's that I am constantly pulling on the compitition. Not [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2002, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

Can't go to an MX track without someone to video, I mean, wouldn't want to miss all those superman's, heel clickers, and courdova's that I am constantly pulling on the compitition.

We're going to get along juuuuust fine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]