Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

need help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 11:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was ridding my 4 wheeler the other day and when i was in 2nd gear, even 3rd sometimes wide open it would fall into a lower gear, no remember this is a manual clutch.. i ordered a new clutch and springs and stuff is that the problem? someone said it was. Also i took my filter off and i was wondering when i put it on does it matter how tight i put it on or what? please help thanks

Old 08-20-2002, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<< I was ridding my 4 wheeler the other day and when i was in 2nd gear, even 3rd sometimes wide open it would fall into a lower gear, no remember this is a manual clutch.. i ordered a new clutch and springs and stuff is that the problem? someone said it was. Also i took my filter off and i was wondering when i put it on does it matter how tight i put it on or what? please help thanks >>

I certainly hope you put the filter back on before you rode again. If not you'll have way more trouble than just a possible shifting fork in the tranny. The hose clamps on the filter should be quite snug to prevent any air or dust from bypassing the filter. Not necessary to torque it down like godzilla the gorilla.

Old 08-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea i know better to put the filter back on before i ride... just didnt know if it tight means something or what not so... but thanks for the info just tight enough uh