Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rolling Stoppies....

Old 08-23-2002, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

Any of your doing ROLLING Stoppies?

Regular stoppies are a cinch, but I have yet to try a rolling one. Seems like it would be hard to get the back end up while going fast enough to actually get some distance out of it, but like I said...I haven't even tried.

I guess I'll attempt it this weekend. Please shout out some tips if you can do them!

PS. Let me know if you have any Videos of quads doing them.

Thanks Guys.

-Josh

Old 08-23-2002, 10:48 PM
Range Rover

guess that means u got the quads back im yet to do a stoppie without flipping the whole quad over on top of me and then hurtin like a mother good luck tryin

Old 08-23-2002, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

there is some decent streetbike stoppies at www.route125.com for those that have broadband

Old 08-23-2002, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

<< guess that means u got the quads back im yet to do a stoppie without flipping the whole quad over on top of me and then hurtin like a mother good luck tryin >>

Just got the Honda back, the Banshee is still with the Cops. Having trouble getting any answers from them. I talked to the Captain of the Barracks yesterday and he said that he would try and get some &quot;closure&quot; for me. Haven't heard anything else though.

As for the Stoppies...I have never tried a Rolling one. The regular ones are pretty easy. Just need to do it once then do the same thing next time you want to do them.

<< there is some decent streetbike stoppies at www.route125.com for those that have broadband >>

Watching Streebike Videos deffinatly is what inspires me to go throw it down on the quad. I will check that website out.

Have you seen this video yet:

http://www.sportbikes.dhs.org/index....cture_ID=31719

It's deffinatly worth the download if you are into bikes.

Thanks guys.

-Josh

Old 08-23-2002, 11:43 PM
Range Rover

that clip was awesome love the scene when hes hangin in the back of the car its hilarius

Old 08-28-2002, 02:55 PM
Trailblazer

I have a raptor and usually when i do my stoppies i'm in 2nd tapped or 3rd mid
and my average distance is about 25 feet but my longest one was probably up to 50feet.
It's pretty easy i learnt them in like 2 days, all i did was get some good speed up and hit the front brakes until i felt the backend come up then i just let the brakes drag until i ran outta speed.

Old 08-28-2002, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

You'll have to get that on video...I would like to see a rolling stoppie on an ATV. I have never seen anyone that can do them.

Take care.

-Josh

Old 08-28-2002, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

This will probably sound stupid, but here goes.....

How else would you do a stoppie without rolling? When you say the regular ones are a cinch, what are the &quot;regular'&quot; ones?? Just trying to figure this out.

Thanx

Old 08-28-2002, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

It is confusing but what he means is not doing stoppies to a stop, but trying to ride them for a while. Not too hard to do a stoppie, anyone can grab the brake hard (and probably hurt themselves) but its real hard to ride the front wheel on anything and keep your balance like in the videos.

Old 08-28-2002, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, 007 is right...that's what I mean.

I can do stoppies, which means slowing up until about 10-15mph then grabbing the front brake gently while shifting your weight to the front of the ATV...Just before you stop shift your weight forward even more and press forward on the handlebars. Your back tires will come up off the ground while your front tires remain stationary.

A rolling stoppie would be nearly the same thing, only not waiting until you almost come to a stop to raise the rear tires. If you were to hold the brake in completely you would go all the way over. Instead you let the brake out a little bit so rather than going over, the front tires actually continue to roll and with good brake control you keep the rear tires off the ground.

If you watch any motorcycle videos you see it all of the time. Some of those fools can roll over 300' with no problems at all.

I have yet to see anybody on an ATV do this, but I know it's possible, and I know there are people out there that are doing them. The brakes on my 400ex need to be adjusted because I can barely do a regular stoppie right now, however I have no problems at all on my Banshee. The only problem is, my Banshee is still at the Police Station (another story). If/When I ever get it back, or when I can get my EX's brakes adjusted I'm going to try it.

-Josh

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rolling Stoppies....