Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

QUAD WARS Honda Strikes back

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 12:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This years batch of new Bikes has caused much termoil and brand switching. Honda has yet to release ( best for last?) thier bike, which is rumored to be SEPT 12.
ALL the big players have a top of thier line sport Quad out now.
I 've been putting off getting a new bike for as long as possible; I'm driving my wife up the wall with the situation ( she's happy riding anything).
I went to korea last year and sold my quad before I left, I thought all the NEW contenders would be in by the time I got back. BUT oh NO, NO new Honda, Suzuki put out a cool new quad that comes in different brands ( Kawi and Articat) and Polaris even got my attention with the predator. Instead of curing my Dysfunction this has only compounded it and I can only wait a few more weeks until I hear news of a Honda contender. Is any one else out there suffering from this new bike-itiaffliction?
This ontop of news that I got Last night of a new ATV park that opened up around me( 10 miles away!!!) This place is rumored to have my fix for an area that will apease the Monkey on my back Legally!!( MX track plus trails!)
MAybe I should start a support group for those of us who are afflicted!! Any takers?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2002, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Yea buddy I know what you're talking about. I was in the same spot last fall, watchin honda's website for clues on what the new machine would be. What a disappointment that was! A PWC! Pissed me off so bad i got my fix with cannondale and haven't regretted it for a minute. I hope Hondu will give you what you want , but if not , go check out the made in the USA CANNONDALE'S! Even if you get a honda, i doubt it will touch the EFI, aluminum frame cannon.
BTW, i grew up in gravel Ridge, and still got buds there. What's the name of the new park? Maybe i'll bring my quad when i come up there in December.
Hang in there!

Old 08-26-2002, 12:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Regardless what you get - don't buy first year. Bomb had its issues, Yamaha is still having their '01 transmissions fail and every bike made that year will without a doubt, 'Dale had their issues but used better customer service than Yam which was sweet, and even the new Z400's are having issues now with the frames from what I've read. trust me, you don't want a first year predator or Honda either, regardless of the hype.

Old 08-26-2002, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

not to start a flame...but what was wrong with the first year 400EX?

Old 08-26-2002, 12:35 AM
Range Rover

Actually honda really hasnt had any problems with their first year machines. They had a brake problem a year into the 400ex's, the 99's were considered fine. Most of their stuff is well thought out and they accomplish their goal well.

Old 08-26-2002, 09:30 AM
Trailblazer

yeah i hope they do release an up to date quad. if they dont i think they are gonna lose a ton of customers.

Old 08-26-2002, 10:19 AM
The Facility

The only glitch with Honda regarding the 400EX was on the brake problem described here.

It wasn't a big deal. You would have known if yours was affected before you even got it on the truck. A few hundred of them were assembled with the rear brake pads installed backwards. Honda fixed most of these before they ever left to the dealer.

Old 08-26-2002, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

<< Regardless what you get - don't buy first year. >>

Everything I own is a first year.
01Raptor
02CRF450
03Rincon
My last bike was a98 yz400f, First year.
never a seconds problem outta the YZ.

Ride the **** outta it,fix it,ride the **** outta it somemore.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

P.S. Looking for a new sport quad from Honda
That blues messin up my red mo`tife in my shop. HEHE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]