Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Cant wait for honda's new sport quad

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how hard does it pull? i hear it has the fastest top speed outta all the perf. quads. what is the stock HP, how 'bout yours?

Old 08-26-2002, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

I'll tell you what I've rode SparkyEX's Cannibal stock and with the pipe and remap and that thing pulls like it's going to rip your arms off. I'm a Honda fan myself but fast is fast regardless of what the sticker on the tank says and that is one fast quad! Even before the pipe and remap that quad was a lot faster than mine and it handles well too.

Old 08-27-2002, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

It pulls sooooo hard. A lot of the guys at the track pulls out in third gear. The cannibal which is the slowest has 33hp. That is what I have but I put a hmf pipe and the moto map. That is supposed to bump me up to right around 42hp. I also run a different gear up front when I drag race. Stock it is supposed to do about 76mph but with a 15 tooth sprocket up front instead of the stock 13 I should be able to do over 85mph I would think. You will never know how fast they are until you have rode one. Even the cannibal which is the slowest is unbelieveable.

Old 08-27-2002, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

i agree it is fast/powerful, but i don't think any quad compares to the hit of a fully moded CR250, but none the less it still pulls hard i see.

if a c'dale dealer opened up here i would likely look at one............in the future, right now there's way too much mud. when i get older and move up to the lake (cottage) i would love to have a sport quad, just to play around on, cause most of the trails up there aren't that muddy.

Old 08-27-2002, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer

I saw one of the Cannondale Cannibals on a recent trail ride a few weeks ago. He was roosting on everyone in the field. They were drag racing back and forth and the kid on the Cannondale was smoking all of the 400EXs and Raptors that were there. The guy had a problem with coolant blowing on his leg and had to keep checking it and filling it back up. He said that he had alot of problems with the machine when he first got it, but Cannondale fixed him right up. He even trashed the frame and Cannondale fixed it for free!! If thats not customer service, I don't know what is.

I wish that I wasn't on my BigBear that day and had the superquad ready. Not bashing Cannondale, but there is no way it would hang with that V4.

Go with the Cannondale. They are American made, stand behind their product, and above all things, it's available right now. No waiting.

SirClip

Old 08-27-2002, 12:27 AM
The Facility

SirClip,

If you don't mind me asking......Where are you from?? I know that you are a computer skittish guy, but just a state will do.

Patrick

Old 08-27-2002, 08:38 AM
Range Rover

RINCON: Like you already know, I live in Quebec Canada, and I don't think there is any Cannondale dealer in the whole country. I sent an e-mail to customer service today just to make sure about that affirmation.

Old 08-27-2002, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

thanks, i wasn't sure if they just left Atalntic Canada out, but they left the whole country out!! they are missing out on A LOT of sales!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2002, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

yea sirclip I thinkI know where knowsalot is going with this....coolant on the leg, broken frame...has to be corndog, huh knowsalot? is that what you were thinking.
graham

Old 08-27-2002, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

They should put a dealership in Manitoba! Right in the center of Canada. That way it will be equal driving distance for everyone in the country. I too asked about dealerships in Canada and they said look on their website, well it only shows American dealerships! So I doubt there is one in Canada. I would love to get a Cannondale or atleast get to ride one. That would be sweet! I'm guessing by not having a dealership in Canada they are missing out on 500 sales, not much in the grand scheme of things. Actually maybe 250 sales. I wonder if Gas Gas will open up shop in Canada sometime?

Quick Reply: Cant wait for honda's new sport quad