Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Come on Knowsalot give us a little

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Knowsalot my fellow atv enthusiast, my four wheelin' brethren give us a little more about the new Honda! Just a little come on man. PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE

Old 08-28-2002, 01:14 AM
Range Rover

KNOWSALOT is thickheaded, he won't tell anyone anything.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2002, 01:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What do your expect with a thread named" Knowsalot give us a little".

knowsalot is old enough to remember the movie DELIVERANCE.LOL!!!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 08-28-2002, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

What do we need KNOWSALOT for? I mean, hey, we have all the "ATV Psychics" still hanging out here, right?

You know, the ones that knew all about the Honda Rincon and Suzuki Z-400 months before they came out. You know, the ones who already knew everything about these quads even though they'd only seen pictures of them in magazines and on the net.

I guess that's how it works though - all they need is a picture to place the ends of their fingers on. The "energy" of the new quad just transfers or oozes off the picture through their fingertips and then there they are - riding in an open field, on a MX track, or on some technical trail winding around ol' Rocky Top with the wind blowing through their hair. (Remember, on psychic test rides you don't need a helmet.)

The ones I am talking about are the ones who went beyond the printed specifications that were provided and went ahead and lined these quads up against their competitors, even though it was all in their heads. The ones who proclaimed the Rincon "sucked" (remember "the perfect geriatric ATV" comment)and that the Z-400 would disappoint all expectations. Too bad for our ATV psychics, fortunately they were all wrong.

The Suzuki Z400, for the most part, surpassed all expectations, at least in print. It won the hearts of all magazine staffers who tested it against the competition. The new Z has many new fans, loyal from the start.

The Rincon too was bashed even before it made its official debut. Everything from its styling to its brakes was criticized, nevermind no one had even ridden it yet. Most of the psychics decried its miserable 650 single cylinder engine with only a three speed transmission - how dare Honda! The Rincon was also criticized because it didn't fit neatly into the categories already occupied by large bore utility ATVs.

Since it appeared in dealerships and subsequently homes, the Rincon has not disappointed anyone, to my knowledge. All that I have read about it is good, even one magazine touted that it may be one of the best 4x4 ATVs ever. The engine is proving itself a strong one, and the new transmission promises to be one of the most reliable and dependable units yet. Do we expect anything less from Honda?

Regardless of how you feel about Honda, they simply don't make a bad machine. Be it an ATV, automobile, or home generator. When Honda first released the original ATC90, probably no one wanted or saw the need for one. Not long after though, the little motorized go-anywhere trike was a staple and few could live without them. Rambunctious teens and hard working farm hands proved the merit of the little ATC. Many years later, there are still quite a few of those old machines still serving their purpose.

The heart of my point is simply this: Honda doesn't just build machines to answer their competition. Honda usually builds machines that surpass their competition in many ways and then some. Honda also builds machines that fill needs, even if we haven't realized those needs for ourselves. For example, those who initially criticized the Rincon may find themselves "needing" one after they give it a ride.

I promise you that whatever Honda releases will be a great machine and you'll love it. But then again, I'm no psychic. What do I know???

Old 08-28-2002, 11:20 AM
RIP Dear Friend

KNOWSALOT was advised not to give out bits of information.

Chet
VP of the KNOWSALOT FACILITY

Old 08-28-2002, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

I figured as much but I still have to try.

Old 08-28-2002, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

but you just know he's sitting back laughing at all the ppl guessing about what honda will do.

Old 08-28-2002, 12:36 PM
Range Rover

Not That being thick headed is a bad thing at all.

Old 08-28-2002, 09:57 PM
The Facility

I'm not allowed to give tid bits of information

Old 08-28-2002, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Knowsalot,

How come CHET got a disk and a promotion to VP of the Facility. I want a promotion, a Disk and access to the mop room, I can't do my job if I have to pick the lock to get to the tools I need to perform at the higest levels.

I'll go though the trash as I empty the cans to see if any pictures are avalible.

SPY's like us

Smitty

Quick Reply: Come on Knowsalot give us a little