Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Stupid Enviromentalists. Noise Polution WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 01:12 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, no sympathy here! I been around probably a little longer than the rest of you, but you are wrong! Noise pollution is a problem and I am no so called environmentalist, though I do believe in treating our natural and all riding areas with respect as well as our neighbours. I quad in an area where they are allowed in the campground, and I believe this will soon end because of the few who do not want to abide by the rules. Db level isn't one of them but it should be. All off-roaders need to be concerned on how they act because without a lot of effort on those who are responsible enough to see the damage done by the few, we will all lose are riding areas. So, suck it up and do yourself a favour and put on a stock pipe and ride responsibly.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2002, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

73Raptor

You might be over 101 db very easily and I don't know what the db rule at Silver Lake. Buy the sound meter from Radio shack and that way you will know what db is reading at.

Good luck

Old 08-29-2002, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider

Truely it is hard to get a good pipe that is anywhere below 98 Db. Or from what i have seen. My friend got tested with an LRD pipe and it ran 100 Db with a stock bore and everything. Noise is noise. Big deal. People complain to much about the dumbest things.

Old 08-30-2002, 06:51 PM
Trailblazer

Around here when somebody runs with a loud pipe the land gets posted and everybody gets banned permanently. The land is all privately owned and none of the landowners wants to hear the noise. I don't know if any power is added to the quad or not with these pipes but it really doesn't matter if there is no place to ride. The law tickets anyone with a loud pipe on private or public land for "disturbing the peace" and running illegal pipes. They said the only place these pipes can be used is at the privately owned motocross track set up for racing quads or dirtbikes which is way out in the country(Its about 30 miles from here). I think if someone wants to hear the louder sound they should run a microphone to the stock exhaust pipe and wear headphones so they can control the sound volume to their taste. I don't want to make anybody mad but all of the land here for miles around got posted due to one or two guys running the loud pipes. I would also like to add the guys that were running the loud pipes have went back to the stock pipes to stay out of trouble but the land all stayed posted. It ruined the riding privaliges for about 20 or 25 quad owners permanently.

Old 08-30-2002, 06:59 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I have been running stock pipes precisely for this reason for years.

The noise patrol won't go away. Either change or get used to paying the bill.

Chet