Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Stupid Enviromentalists. Noise Polution WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While riding down in florence this weekend the local forest patrol boy pulls up to check for load ATVs. He nails about 15 people with 150$ tickets then leaves. SH*T i know this has been an ongoing problem but what can a joe like me do about it? Any ideas? What do i do to make the noise limit go up? I am sick of watching my fellow enthusiast get pinned. I am around 99-102 Db (luckly i havnt gotten a ticket yet) and the legal limit is 93 Db. I almost got a ticket but he checked me on the pavment so i was ok. Stupid rules. Any ideas about how i can fix this. We need to start a petition or something to make these enviromentalists chill about noise. Noise dosnt kill animals or trees so WTF? Ahhhh. 150 x 15 = $2250 in 1 hour. So much money gone for no reason. Start the petition now. Oregonians must unite against these enviro freaks. Blah.......

Old 08-28-2002, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Well you said it $2,250 an hour that pays the cop, the truck he's in, insurance and a tidy profit for your states bank account. One thing about goverments is once they find a way to make money they don't soon forget.

Smitty

Get the petion started.

Old 08-28-2002, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Prang 11

I understand what you talking about. You knew the rule of DB for yrs. They been enforced the DB for long time. There nothing you can do of making the noise to go up at all. You just have to avoid the noise ranger enforcer.... It not the enviromentalists that complain the noise. It the peoples who live by that area in Florence that complain the noise.

Your buddys needs to repack the pipes if they are 2-stroke and same on some 4-stroke pipes too.

For me when I seen them I just avoid it and if they jump out on the trail and make us stop, I just pop the front end and run them over...... and keep on going....

Old 08-28-2002, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

Desracers: I talked to the cop and he told me it is the enviromentalists that had this act passed. Ontop of this the noise lvl is suppose to drop to 91 Db within the next year.

Old 08-28-2002, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

Prang11

You might be right on that but what I been told by the forest ranger that peoples (who live by the dune) complain to them about the noise. Therefore Forest ranger start to bring the db down.

As you and I know that next yr db down at 91 is just a joke. More the 2/3 of the bike and quad will not pass. I think the db should be at 95 and it reasonable in my opinion, Also did you know the head of forest ranger for Oregon is anti-ATV? Boy they sure hired the wrong person for the job.

Old 08-28-2002, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with this lived at the coast for 14 years (whinchester bay) and have never been botherd ny the noise the only thing by the dunes there is the camp ground and most of the people there ride i currently have a z400 and have yet to find a pipe for it that is around 93 db that is any good i also do not agree with the 16 year olds and younger can only ride a 90cc bike im 15 and weigh 200 pounds and i got a ticket for ridng my dads suzuki king quad 300 but my friend did not and he was riding a kx 80 that was way faster then mine how is this right

Old 08-28-2002, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Blame the Liberal peoples that they have head up their a$$ for sure..... Also that where gov't want to control what you can do and cannot do. Especially the way the country running to. Peoples can't assume the responsibles when they hurt themselve on anything so that where the gov't take over and start making rules.

Sorry to hear that you got a ticket and how much the fine was and where did it happen at?

Old 08-28-2002, 10:55 PM
Range Rover

I have a question that I hope you guys might be able to answer.I want to ride at the Silver Lake sand dunes but I think my raptor might be to loud.I have a full alba pipe with a supertrapp sparkarrester,k&n air filter and jets.Does anyone have any idea how many Decibals I am at.Thanks

Old 08-28-2002, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer

the ticket was 250 i believe it happened right as you git on the dunes in winchester bay i do not have to worry about this anymore becasue i took the atv safty class and got my license but i feel sorry for the kids that do not have it and get stoped when they are just trying to have fun.

later

Old 08-28-2002, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

go back to stock pipes then,.. maybe save your riding area. I know mine is loud as hell and I like it, I also KNOW that others dont like it.

Quick Reply: Stupid Enviromentalists. Noise Polution WTF?