Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2 new Ranchers..that's all

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 01:15 AM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< But never the less you really should not going out sayingstuff like that because as such a respected member of this forum when you say something many people take it as law. >>

Your right, but if I didn't answer someone's question.......I wouldn't be a respected member would I? Do you see what i am getting at?? It's one of those &quot;Can't win for loosing&quot; things.

<< Also do you know where DW was coming from, same thing you were? >>

Most likely. Our Honda Rep has been saying that either the TRX440F or TRX650EX, or both, would be on display at the show. Most Reps have seen both quads at their own meetings.

Old 09-13-2002, 01:19 AM
Trailblazer

<< Damn Honda I'm glad Polaris has built a better quad. Honda lost one sale this year. I'm sure not going to buy a rancher and expect to have fun at the dunes! >>

Good for you! More people should stand up and support those who support them! Polaris, Cannondale, Suzuki and Kawasaki! Honda's lawyers (who make all their decisions) will be very disappointed when Big Red can't pay them due to low sales from that antequated wreck called the 400ex![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2002, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

Thems the breaksboys,it will apper soon enough.im pretty sure this knowsalot character knows what he is talkin about.Your wishes will come true.

Old 09-13-2002, 01:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

screw honda. its there loss. if they dont want a piece of the real sport atv market, then they lose out as much as we do. they'll either have to wise up or lose out on a lot of money and prestige. think of how many die hard honda fans, me and my father being such, have and will continue to turn to other companies for a quad that will compete. my father had never owned anything but hondas ever since the 86 trx250r came out. now he's on his second raptor! Honda lost here, but so did we. Lets hope the bottom line gets their attention better than their loyal riders and fans.

Weekend Warrior

<<

Your right, but if I didn't answer someone's question.......I wouldn't be a respected member would I? Do you see what i am getting at?? It's one of those &quot;Can't win for loosing&quot; things
>>

Well yes that is true, but you could've said something like my source tells me such and such, instead of just stating the information flat out like you knew for a fact that it would be on showcase today. However, it doesn't matter i'm not mad at your or blaming you or anything. I'm mad at Honda though for playing with us for so long.

Trailblazer

KNOWSALOT-patrick-
By the way before you ripped me (on another thread) for suppoting Polaris I made a similar remark about the Cannondales. They deserve our support as well!

Old 09-13-2002, 01:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider

hell, cannondale and bomb are practically brand new to the market and they have whipped hondas butt. the ex is an ok quad, but it doesnt compete.

i agree, support the companies that listen to the riders.

Old 09-13-2002, 01:26 AM
Trailblazer

Honda's lawyers make the decisions ever since they lost their corporate butts to three wheeler lawsuits in the 1980's. They put their toe in the sharktank by releasing the 400ex and are taking their due time with a new offering.

Old 09-13-2002, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

you know the models that they showed at the dealers show were most likely models that were finalized, prices set, production numbers set, and engineering finished. Perhaps the sport models are not that far along in development. I will say that most of you posting on this thread and others I have read recently are fairly new to the forum, you may be pro riders as far as posts go, but you are all new this year, and we are glad that you have joined, this is a great site. What you dont know is that for those of us that have been here awhile like ryanstones, mxdale/yodaddy, lonestarbanshee, atc250r, sandgod, chet, and MANY others, knowsalot is a great resource from the inside, as far as dealers go. You cant get all worked up when he reports what he has heard. He is doing you a favor by giving up his rumor mill info. he doesnt have to. But its still just rumor till HONDA announces something. would you be mad at knowsalot if he said there would be a TRX440f and a trx650ex anounced at the dealer show......? Well that is what HE THOUGHT would be announced, but he NEVER SAID that. He kept that to himself and held his card close to his chest so he would not mislead any of you. You all would have died last week for info that Honda was working on a 440f and a 650ex, and he had info that they were, but he didnt post it till tonight to quell the anger. I understand that all of you are intersted in what is going on inside honda but KNOWSALOT is not responsible for the lack of a sport quad announcement. Honda is a good company, they are just conservative, and they take their own sweet time, and yes it sucks, but thats all there is to this.
graham

Old 09-13-2002, 01:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

trout,

i appreciate your defense of knowsalot. i have nothing against him for this post or any other. as i have posted in many topics, i value his and his partners advice. however, please do not take my shortened time in the forum as a judgement of my knowledge or connections. just because i havent been a part of this site for 3 years or more, does not mean a thing, i just recently found this forum and decided to join.

blanket statements about the ignorance of all members are not appreciated.