Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Sorry Honda Followers....

Old 09-13-2002, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I officially laugh (ha ha ha) at all of those that have been so positive about the new sport quad from Honda.

For the more reasonable amongst us, bummer that something new didn't arrive.

Now, will you guys finally go out and get a Suzuki, Yamaha, Bombardier, Polaris (soon), Canondale, Kawasaki or Arctic Cat already instead of waiting for Honda. Yes, I know Suzuki, Kawisaki and Arctic cat are all the same machine. Face it, Honda couldn't careless about it's sport ATV segment - go to a company who does care.

Old 09-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

I was really hoping thae a new great sport quad would be announced. I always like to see something new and exiting. I always had my doubts about it though. Evidently, honda is a company that does not care what its customers think. I used to be a die hard honda guy and I still think they make a good product. They just make their good product about three years after everyone else has came out with something similar. They are always behind. I have switched to polaris for a utility quad and cannondale for a sport quad. My polaris might not last as long as a honda but it will pull 3 hondas in the mud! And I dont ever see honda coming out with something to rival the cannondales. In my opinion they are just on a whole other level from anything else in the 4-stroke sport market. My advice to you honda guys is go out and buy the best machine in your opinion if you are in the market for one. Unless you want to get left on your 400ex's for another 5 years waiting on honda's big new super sport quad which evidently will never come.

Old 09-13-2002, 03:57 PM
Range Rover

It's really sad to see Honda make a move like this, but then again they arent interested in what is top heap on racing, they are interested in what sells. Unfortunately, this is a bad move for Honda and they WILL lose sales with the competitive market right now. Sorry Honda, but your a great brand, one of the best, but there's too many other choices out there for just as much. Im heading out to buy a Raptor.

Old 09-13-2002, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer

I wish Honda would loose sales from doing this but you will still have your Honda loyalists that will by Honda and only Honda no matter how much better the competition is. Sad because if Honda does loose sales then maybe they would start listing to what people want.

P.S. I am a recovering Honda loyalist and very glad I moved away I have been having a lot more fun riding funnier and more exciting quads.

Old 09-13-2002, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

when are u getting a raptor prs? look at cannondales too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2002, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

I'll tell you what, I only plan on keeping my ex for another year or two tops. Then I'm getting a Cannondale. Think about it Honda's next sport quad be some thing trying to carve out it's own "niche" like the Rincon. The Rincon isn't made for work but it isn't going to hang with a sport quad either. What's it for uptempo but slightly slow trail riding? They could do something similar with a sport quad and I don't want any part of that. I'm saving cash now and in a year or two the ex is gone and the Dale is in. F**k Honda!!

Old 09-13-2002, 05:53 PM
Range Rover

<< when are u getting a raptor prs? look at cannondales too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

I checked out the Cannondales before. They ride great, and have tons of power, just not too great for the trails and overall fun for myself. I rode the raptor and the suspension isnt as great as the cannondale, thats ok with me because I dont do much jumping and mxing. I made an offer to a dealer on a Raptor and I cant pass it up, just too good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2002, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

really may i ask what he is selling it to u for? is it a 03? get the black and red one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2002, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

Its probably an '01!

Old 09-13-2002, 06:33 PM
Range Rover

<< really may i ask what he is selling it to u for? is it a 03? get the black and red one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

Actually I am going to get an 02, brand new. I offered him 5100 plus tax and title with registration and he said thats fine with him, so I'll go get it when I get moved in my new house in a week or so. I aint messing around with Honda propoganda right now, its great to be loyal but Im not interested in waiting years to get what they could've and should've done now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sorry Honda Followers....