Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

someone please help!!

Old 09-14-2002, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently aquired a 1975 kawasaki ke175 and when i went to start it it fired up on the second kick but soon started revving really high regardless of where the throttle was at. Does anyone know what could be wrong. i know this is an atv forum but i didn't know where else to ask

Old 09-15-2002, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

About 43 years ago I fell into a lake, but this was no regualr lake, I was sucked to the bottom of te lake where I met To^En#caM_i He told me stories of the drought of 1702 and howone time he fund a quarter. While I was underwater To^En#caM_i grabbed my hand and pulled out a mgic knife. He licked my neck and jabbed the knife in my neck...to my suprise i felt no pain I then relized To^En#caM_i was not trying to kill me he gave me gills. I returned to the surface to breathe. I then came home to find my adult video collection had been stolen. I called To^En#caM_i onl to find he was out drinking with my wife. I run to the deli and bought4 ounces of thin slice segehti. I spread the spegeti on my forehead and claim to be a worlock...oviously everyone beleaved me. I jumped into that lake and found elmers lucky pot of pot. Then i rolled it up into a bluntzilla and posted in this forum. Keep in mind you can never trust the grither. May you die a horrible horrible death.

Old 09-15-2002, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

AAAhhhhhh, Ok Harleyguy69, I'm aahhh with you on that one.

Scrambler,

Check for air leaks around the boot from the carb to the motor could be it may have cracks allowing air to slip buy causeing a lean run. Also for piece of mind I would rebuilt the carb and replace the boot. Change all the fluids and go.

Smitty

Old 09-15-2002, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, with smitty that is. Check for air leaks. They could be anywhere between the carb and engine, as well as between the engine cases, or crank seals. One thing you can try is spraying wd-40 anywhere you suspect a leak. Start the engine, and spray. If the engine suddenly sounds different (RPMs change, or if the engine sounds 'bubbly' instead of 'throaty' you found the leak.

Farmr