Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very new to the world of ATVin and off road all together. I must say my friends got me into it, and i'm hooked. I just bought an 83 Honda 250R (aircooled) ATC three wheeler. It dosent have too many mods yet but runs like a top and kicks over first try. It has an 6" extended swingarm with a special axle. It came with "shredder" tires and douglas rims" not stock! also a set of paddles. The engine has been rebuilt top and bottom and the guy said that the carb has been jetted a little. The back plastics are shaved (i dont know why) Everything else is pretty much stock; i think. IT still has the stock bulky air box under the seat and a stock junky D&G pipe (which i hate). I just learned how to ride it very well and am confident enough to speed excessively. I must say that I am enjoying my new ride so far. MY QUESTION IS: I know I need an FMF pipe with Silencer and an moded air box with an K&N but, does anyone have this kind of set up that they can sell me? I want to buy an FMF pipe with silencer and k&N that would fit my 250R. I dont want to buy it from an dealer or store brand new because they rape you on that. I think they wanted like close to 400 for everything. I could get a rebuild with a shaved head and wiseco piston for the same price. Where can i get a pipe and intake for my bike BESIDES E-bay?. ANyone want to sell me one? prefibly an gold series one? I will buy it and pay shipping and all that good stuff. if anyone got an extra one, and a deal to cut me.
thanks
990R.