Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Wow...Kawi is announcing even more sport quads!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 11:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking around for a different quad. I like my Polaris but I have decided I want something a lot faster. I have been looking at the KFX400 because of the speed and reverse and it's GREEN, but I also like to get a Scrambler. I think I have gotten too used to the Auto tranny. But I know that the KFX700 is coming out my ideas are a changing. That thing will looks good and it will have to haul A$$, 700cc? wow.

As far as the shaft drive goes I like the idea and ride of a shaft drive, I just about bought a 250ex for the wife but she like the little utilities better so I got her a Bayou. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I hate adjusting the chain on my TBoss so I can't wait to look and ride one of these.

Old 09-16-2002, 11:28 AM
RIP Dear Friend

You will be seeing more lime green on the trails for sure with that machine.

Same suggested retail price as the Raptor and you get the low or no maintenance driveshaft.

If your wanting an automatic sport quad it could be this will hurt Polaris more than the other makers.

Can't wait to ride one.

This could be the first quad for the wife where she will be faster than me and I get spanked. I like it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Chet
VP KNOWSALOT FACILITY

Old 09-16-2002, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Well you gotta hand it to Kawi....At least they have been listening to their consumers. Honda on the other hand....well those "new" ranchers say it all.

Old 09-16-2002, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

I would have to say that it is like a bad *** Scrambler... I wouldn't mind having one (for a trail quad). I like it, but at the same time, I don't... this quad actually has me somewhat confused. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

You won't see me selling the Dale for one, but if I had the extra money, I wouldn't mind buying it and using for a XC racer or something.

Old 09-16-2002, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey,Raptoryfm660r,how's the weather in the Marshall Islands this time of year ???

Old 09-16-2002, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

This new Kawi makes so much sense. We are talking market niche here, And nobody has got this one. Full bore sport quads are not for everyone, the polaris sport/scrambler just don't have the power to satisfy the over 30 couch racer. The "sport utility" niche is growing, and this puts SPORT/recreational into a new light.
.... I bet you dollars to doughnuts this quad shows up next week in Vegas with Suzuki written all over it...
.....Honda is asleep at the wheel....

Old 09-16-2002, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

<< .....Honda is asleep at the wheel.... >>

Asleep at the wheel?!?!?!?! YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda already ran off the road and hit a tree!

Old 09-16-2002, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

Someone once said about the F4 Phantom jet, that it was proof that &quot;if you put a big enough engine on it, even a rock can fly&quot;. Put a big enough engine on a 506 lb &quot;sport&quot; quad........

I don't see anything even slightly appealing about this machine. Utilities are trying to get lighter and more sporty, and now sport bikes are trying to get heavy and more utilitarian. Go figure..............

Old 09-17-2002, 12:00 AM
RIP Dear Friend

<< Someone once said about the F4 Phantom jet, that it was proof that &quot;if you put a big enough engine on it, even a rock can fly&quot;. >>

LOL, very true

YZGUY,

I would love to fly one of those F4 Phantom jet's and it only came with missiles till they perfected the weapons pod and the pilot's complaining about no cannons. The theory was they could just out run the threat from below.

Excess can be a good thing even if it handles badly.

Chet
VP KNOWSALOT FACILITY

Old 09-17-2002, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Chet,

The theory with the F-4 wasn't that it could outrun the threat from below, it was that it would kill a Mig with a missle before a dog fight ever had a chance to take place. Close encounters with the Russian kind changed this mindset, though, as the F-4 was quickly modified with a 20mm cannon. mmmmmm.... cannon.....

Quick Reply: Wow...Kawi is announcing even more sport quads!!