Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Wow...Kawi is announcing even more sport quads!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://atvconnection.com/atvconnect...00-V-FORCE.cfm

So it isn't the most attractive but at least it's something. Better than what Honda is coming out with...nothing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2002, 01:56 AM
Range Rover

I think it looks wild. I think I just found my replacement for the trailboss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2002, 01:57 AM
The Facility

Whoa.....Automatic tranny or not....That's gonna be a screamer for sure.

I have a lot of seat time on the Prairie 650 and if this thing is lighter AND more powerful than it, which appears to be true...There is a new contender in the drag race segment.

Way to go Kawasaki!!

packardbell,
You owe me a lunch!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2002, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

I wouldnt say its gonna be any serious threat in a drag race, they might as well go ahead and make it a 4x4, not the big bore quad i had hoped for.

Old 09-16-2002, 03:06 AM
Range Rover

Why not drag race?

I have a couple friend that drag race each other all the time. Both are heavily modified quads. We have about 200 ft drag strip in a field we use.

The quads are a Polaris 400 Sport and a 96 Banshee. And the Sport now takes the Banshee. With the right clutching autos are fun to ride. Just by changing one spring in my TBoss made a world of differance, it will actually pop and ride a wheelie. All in the tuning of the clutch and springs.

Old 09-16-2002, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

Im not saying that it wil be useless in a drag race, but the automatic takes away from fine tuning through gearing. I agree taht I have seen many 400 scramblers that will haul *****, but they are at least chain drive.You set up a drag quad acording to the length of the track, ground condtions, ect. The shaft drive prevents you from changing sprockets, and therefore gear ratios, this is a severe shortcomming and will hinder the dragstrip potential of this quad. I know that the majority of the buyers will NOT use it for a drag machine, but in almost every situation, save for mud riding, chain drive prevails. Im just saying what I think, it may go over great, just not the quad for me.

Old 09-16-2002, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

u wait honda will come out with an atv that will wax every thing on track and trail again.

Old 09-16-2002, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

I've seen slightly modded P650s outrun Raptors and Ds's at the local dirt drags so I'm sure this thing will do fine. Hopefully it will weigh in at less than 500 pounds. If it does the Z will be for sale. Or maybe I should wait and see if zuki will get to use the same package. I'm to old to MX anyway so the shaftdrive doesn't bother me.

Old 09-16-2002, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

<< u wait honda will come out with an atv that will wax every thing on track and trail again. >>

Well, if nothing else I admire your conviction and blind faith! Hang in there and keep riding those mid-80's ATCs until Honda comes out with their kiler sport quad... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2002, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have to admit,a bold move by Kawasaki,but why is everyone copying the Raptor headlights? Ok,Yamaha has the right to put them in the Grizz,but have you noticed them showing up all over? Vinson, Rincon,now Kawy sport with the big &quot;eyes&quot;. Enough of that,back to Kawy,I realize they saved a lot of money incorporating the existing drivetrain into the new quad,but why not 5 speed and reverse,and a nice light chain drive,so you can regear for different tires? Plus,if you run it extra hard,like a sport type is meant to be,and break a shaft drive or pinion gear,you are looking at a lot of money,plus you're stuck,no trail side fix for a snapped shaft or stripped pinion,where a broken chain can be patched with a wire for a limpy ride home,but at least you're riding!! I'm sure this will fill a niche,sporty feeling big engine,no shifting,heavy,but wait,don't we already have a company like that,Polaris??, I hope Kawy at least put separate brakes on this monster, the multi-disk rear system should really let you lock it up and slide the corners!!! All in all,not a bad move for a quad,hopefully later development will see a manual shift version,lightened up for racing or duning .

Quick Reply: Wow...Kawi is announcing even more sport quads!!