Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

How to contact Honda

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 01 Honda Rubicon has been in the shop for multiple engine repairs. Now the shop called and said that fragments of my transmission are all in my engine now it wont run at all. And will cost $2500 to fix. SCREW THAT! Does anybody know a address to complain to Honda about this? If you know anything please help?

Old 09-18-2002, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

anybody?

Old 09-18-2002, 10:40 PM
The Facility

Is your machine still covered under the standard warranty or an extended warranty plan??

If not, a call to Honda will get you nothing......except for a pissed off dealer and perhaps hidden charges when you pick it up. [illegal..but not uncommon].

Honda, or any other OEM for that matter does not get into dealer/customer affairs when it does not involve a machine covered under warranty.

HOWEVER.......If you feel that work done while it WAS under warranty is the cause for your most recent problem.....it would be worth the call.

Each dealer has a regional service representative that handles the LEGITIMATE complaints. Your dealer is required to give you the phone number to Honda customer service. Once you get the number, explain your situation in a calm manner. They will then give a copy of your phone call to the service rep for that area. He will then get in contact with you at your home and may even arrange a meeting with you AT the dealership where your ATV is being repaired at.

Ask your dealer for the Honda Customer Service number and start there.

Good Luck

Old 09-18-2002, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

not to disagree with you knowsalot,
but when my recons crankshaft broke when it was a year and a half old (not under any warranty) my local honda shop done the same thing his is and i got in touch with honda and b!tched to them that there is no way that would happen to a 4-wheeler that is that old with the oil changed once a month in the winter and twice a month in the summer. i made about 4 calls to them and it was one operator that stayed on my "case" and then in the process they got in touch with my regional rep and he got in touch with my dealer and got it fixed for free, no charge.

Old 09-19-2002, 12:15 AM
The Facility

Three words......

Consider yourself lucky.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

By the way, have you gotten your rear shock replaced yet? I may have something for ya. Better than stock and on the cheap.

Call me tomorrow.

Old 09-20-2002, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

knowsalot,

i got one temporarily on there better than the one i have now.......but still looking. what do you have in mind?

everette

Old 09-20-2002, 12:45 AM
The Facility

I'll show you Staurday.

Do you still want the WP fronts??

Eddie Allen, the guy who drag races his Canmnibal is wanting them to lower the front of his and still have a little suspension.

I told him that I would wait to see if you still want them first. He isn't going to call me again till next week, so if you want them, let me know before Monday.