Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Boys I am going to throw you another one. It probably was a Porcupine. They
have a scream that is bone chilling. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

Many years ago a friend and I watched a Russian satellite re-enter the atmosphere and burn up. We were running our coonhounds when we noticed what looked like the flare of a large bottle rocket. We soon realized it was something else when it didn't burn out and much higher than we thought. It must have taken it three or four minutes travel across the sky from west to east. You could see different colors of light as it evidently broke into thousands of pieces that quickly burned up as they met the earth's atmosphere at such a high rate of speed.

We really didn't know what it was until the story appeared in next day's newspaper.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

u guys have some good stories. i have something weird and scary as hell. i was riding around at about 9 o clock very very very deep in the woods and i came across a small stream so i turned off my quad and walked down to sit for a lil bit and watch the lake. it was pretty dark by then and it was hard to see. after about 15 minutes of sitting there i heard a whistling noise. i ignored it and thought it was a bird or sumthing. after about 5 more minutes i look to my left and there is an old guy just sitting there staring at me from about 5 feet away. i almost pissed my pants wen i saw him and i screamed out wtf are u doin! and he just said.... i was just sitting here enjoying the lake. it was freaky so i just politely said goodbye and rode off and never came back to that stream again. i have no idea where the man came from and why he was there because i was very very deep in the woods.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

I must say. This is a very interesting thread. I've been enjoying the stories and the stories on that bigfoot website. Thanks!

The strangest thing that happened to me happened several years ago. I was archery hunting way up in the mountains. There is only one dirt road in. From my treestand, I can see any vehicles that may come. I was in my treestand overlooking a few apple trees. I'd taken deer at this spot in the past. It was a good spot. I had been on stand for about 2 hours. I had a couple does coming in behind me. Unfortunatly they didn't walk in my shooting lane. ( Buck or doe, it doesn't matter, I like deer meat ) I waited as they milled around and made their way down through the woods. I couldn't get a shot. By this time it was getting dark. I lowered my bow and proceded to start climbing down in the climbing treestand. I made one notch down and heard a loud drawn out growl. Imediately growled back trying to sound bigger. It answered with another growl. I don't know why I growled at it. At first I guess I thought it was my buddy trying to be funny but I remembered I was hunting alone. I thought it might be someone else joking around but no one had driven down the road since I'd been there. I was scared. As I was thinking about all this it growled again. I started climbing higher up the tree. It was loud an close. I'm guessing it was with in 15 yds. of my tree from the sounds. It was too high pitched to be a bear. I saw a bobcat from this tree a few days earlier. But I don't know if they make a sound like that.
Anyway I got out my flash light to see if I could see it. It was real dim and the batteries were almost dead. Great! I waited a few minutes and couldn't see or hear anything moving. I started back down the tree. I only made it a couple feet down and it growled again. I climbed back up.
I started yelling at it telling it to get out of here and stuff like that. I decided to climb down and make a run for it. I did. I held that dim flash light in my mouth, had the treestand in one hand and my bow in the other and ran the the truck. I was slobbering from the flash light in my mouth and out of breath when I reached the truck. That was my scariest/strangest experience I ever had.
I'm not sure what it was, but I think it might have been the bobcat.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

I was in Roseau at the Polaris factory evaluating a new ATV.

Keep in mind this is about 20 miles from the Canadian border.

I'm driving through the woods out in the middle of nowhere and I happen to glance to my right. I had to do a doubletake because I didn't believe what my eyes said they saw...

There...sitting on a tree stump....out in the middle of the woods...is some guy naked from head to toe!

What he was doing out there I have no idea. My best guess is tanning. I told the people at Polaris about it. They laughed and said it had to be someone from Thief River Falls (where Arctic Cat is made) LOL!

Old 07-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: dbeck
I was in Roseau at the Polaris factory evaluating a new ATV.

Keep in mind this is about 20 miles from the Canadian border.

I'm driving through the woods out in the middle of nowhere and I happen to glance to my right. I had to do a doubletake because I didn't believe what my eyes said they saw...

There...sitting on a tree stump....out in the middle of the woods...is some guy naked from head to toe!

What he was doing out there I have no idea. My best guess is tanning. I told the people at Polaris about it. They laughed and said it had to be someone from Thief River Falls (where Arctic Cat is made) LOL!
Oh man, I didn't think anyone was watching me!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2005, 08:21 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: Catterman

Oh man, I didn't think anyone was watching me!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Quad Patrol

dbeck and C-man- that is some funny stuff there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LOL!

You boys in north scare me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2005, 09:59 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver
You boys in north scare me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Too Funny! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

Let a doe go bye at sun up. 1hr later she came prancing right at me w/a Buck right on her ***. I took the buck and waited several min. Went through the thick cover( I was still hunting on the ground) and stood over the buck about 40 yards in. The doe stood several feet away from me for what seemed like forever, looking at me and the Buck like she could not understand what had taken place. It gave me a really hollow feeling for the first time after taking a nice buck.

Fell asleep sitting against a log. Heard something, looked over and a bear cub was on the log looking at me( or so I thought) It leaped off the log and that's wheen I saw the long tail. It was a fisher. First one I have ever seen in the woods.Pretty neat.

Neat stories everyone

Quick Reply: Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......