Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Law Abiding gun owners... Protect Your Rights!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TacticalRedneckofKentucky
So fellas, i lost all my guns and ammo in a boating accident.
To bad you did not sink your Dodge with guns it. That way you would of guaranteed no one would go looking for them.....

Old 01-19-2013, 04:25 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jgar
To bad you did not sink your Dodge with guns it. That way you would of guaranteed no one would go looking for them.....

yeah but- the fish would've just tossed that hunk of scrap back up on shore-

Old 01-20-2013, 02:38 PM

Pffff... i had it weighed at the quarry.. 6250 pounds of muscle. Just a little 6 cylinder to

Old 01-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Criminals will still attack people without guns. Like the Chinese guy that just stabbed 22 kids and old ladies on Friday. Or like Timothy McVeigh. Or the terrorists of 9-11. Or the poison gas attack in the Japanese subway. Or vehicular homicide. Or any other means they can think of. The last count I heard we already have 30,000 gun control laws. None of them stop crime, but they have gotten a lot of unarmed people killed. One more law is not the answer.

ETA: The worst mass killing in the US was in 1929 and the crime rate is decreasing almost ever year.

Bump

Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

Originally Posted by TLC
Being from Canada and a hunter I was wondering why a gun like this is for sale (This is the one used in that shooting)

Whats the two 30 round clips for ? Faster reloading incase that deer is still charging at you after the first 30 round clip missed the mark ? LOL

My Remington 870 holds 5 shell but up here its illegal to put more then 3 in it at one time.
I asked why at my gun course and the instructor said if I can,t kill the bird in 3 shots then 500 more shots would not do you any good. LOL

The people that use these guns for hunting are idoits

I have a 30-06 and a 7mm with clips that hold 5 rounds each if i shoot at a deer and miss the first might take a 2nd. nothing more than that, it is a waste ammo cost to much to be making swiss cheese.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BioWare

I have a 30-06 and a 7mm with clips that hold 5 rounds each if i shoot at a deer and miss the first might take a 2nd. nothing more than that, it is a waste ammo cost to much to be making swiss cheese.
You can use an AR-15 for hunting with a 5 round clip. .223 is big enough to take down a deer. Most states have a limit on how many rounds you can chamber for hunting. It's not the firearm it's the magazine that is limited. Often in waterfowl hunting you have to put in a plug in the tube of a shotgun to limit the shells you can load. Other rifles are limited too but those without box magazines usually aren't required to add a mechanical device to restrict the number of rounds you can carry.

Buying large clips for an AR-15 isn't a bad idea at all for home defense or if the government gets oppressive. It's always a good idea to have more shots available than the thug who gets whatever he can afford to pick up on the black market. The writers of the Constitution included the 2nd Amendment so that the armed citizen could be a buffer for a government gone wrong. Their illegal arms were hidden from the British because without them we wouldn't have had an American Revolution. They had firearms that included rifled barrel (the latest and greatest long arms of the era) which were better than the smoothbore firearms the British regulars carried. The argument that the framers didn't envision semi-automatic guns so they shouldn't be allowed is missing the whole point of the 2nd Amendment. Give the citizenry the ability to mass and defend themselves against a tyrannical government and you'll be less likely to have a government that starts trouble in the first place.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
You can use an AR-15 for hunting with a 5 round clip. .223 is big enough to take down a deer. Most states have a limit on how many rounds you can chamber for hunting. It's not the firearm it's the magazine that is limited. Often in waterfowl hunting you have to put in a plug in the tube of a shotgun to limit the shells you can load. Other rifles are limited too but those without box magazines usually aren't required to add a mechanical device to restrict the number of rounds you can carry.

Buying large clips for an AR-15 isn't a bad idea at all for home defense or if the government gets oppressive. It's always a good idea to have more shots available than the thug who gets whatever he can afford to pick up on the black market. The writers of the Constitution included the 2nd Amendment so that the armed citizen could be a buffer for a government gone wrong. Their illegal arms were hidden from the British because without them we wouldn't have had an American Revolution. They had firearms that included rifled barrel (the latest and greatest long arms of the era) which were better than the smoothbore firearms the British regulars carried. The argument that the framers didn't envision semi-automatic guns so they shouldn't be allowed is missing the whole point of the 2nd Amendment. Give the citizenry the ability to mass and defend themselves against a tyrannical government and you'll be less likely to have a government that starts trouble in the first place.
The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting! This was a given at the time because most folks did use rifles to provide meat for their tables. It plainly said the right to bear arms would not be infringed upon to protect against from foreign and domestic tyranny. People still equate this amendment only with hunting and that is not the reason for it's existence. OPT

Old 01-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BioWare

Millions of people will disagree with you. It's the most popular rifle in the country chambered for one of the most popular calibers ever made. It has killed tons of deer and tons of varmints too. I must be an "idoit" because I used mine for deer hunting once. It was the only rifle I owned at the time and I didn't want to limit myself to a shotgun. I don't deer hunt anymore so now it's a home protection/target shooting gun. My dad was an old school .30-06 and .30-30 user for decades until he switched to a semi-auto .223. He said every deer he shot, or saw shot by anyone else, with a .223 just dropped in it's tracks. I suppose he was an idiot too?

Old 01-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting! This was a given at the time because most folks did use rifles to provide meat for their tables. It plainly said the right to bear arms would not be infringed upon to protect against from foreign and domestic tyranny. People still equate this amendment only with hunting and that is not the reason for it's existence. Opt
Thank you!!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
and domestic tyranny

Quick Reply: Law Abiding gun owners... Protect Your Rights!