Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

hey fellas. new to site, soon buying atv

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tripleR
Not sure there is a "best", I prefer the Grizzly 700 EPS, but think you would be well served by a King Quad, Brute Force, Sportsman, Can Am or one of the Hondas. Just check them all out and compare features and how they "feel" to you.
Definitely take 'em all for a test drive and get the one you like best. Don't settle for one because its cheaper. You'll only end up riding one while wishing you had gotten another....kinda like that hot chick in high school you gave up for what is now your wife and end up seeing her in WalMart, and damned if she doesn't STILL look hot!!! J/K

Old 04-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the info guyss
ive been shoppin around...
i think its leaning toward the KQ 750 i looked at a polaris sportsman , wow.. its awesome, but real expensive..

im stiill trying to locate a leftover 2008 to try to save a few bucks...

Old 04-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

wildhorse, u rock...lmao

Old 04-11-2009, 03:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Before you think they are too much, Here is what a leftover of each is around here.

08 Suzuki KQ 750 is @6900 out the door.
08 Sportsman 800 is @7400out the door.

That is only $500!

And at least with the Polaris you are ready to ride on good wheels and tires. The KQ is just plain wheels on worthless tires. You'll have more than $500 if you want nice wheels and good tires. 08 Grizzlies are about the same price and you have to change tires and wheels on them to get what Polaris is giving you stock!

I am in no way busting on the other machines. They are all quite capable and fun powerhouses to ride. I am just stating the way it is.

Make sure to call other dealers and see what they are offering, go with the best price, and make your local dealer match. Polaris offers end April 30th, but I think they will extend it with how the economy is.

BTW, I am in central PA, so the drive isn't too awful bad if you can save some coin. From here to Brooklyn is @270 miles. I used to haul trash out of there every night, so the drive seems like nothing to me. A long drive for me is anything over 8 hours each way.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

WILD..
do you work for a dealership ??
i live in NY. so all NY taxes and fees would apply ..
would you be able to price me a KQ750 and SPORTSMAN 800 both in camo . with all NY taxes and fees included ???

Old 04-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

unfortunately, the KQs are only in red and green as far as the leftovers around here.

I am not sure how the taxes work. I am not a dealer nor a notary.

You can check out Cernics Suzuki on the web. Our local Polaris doesn't have a good site. A rule of thumb for us is to pay the sales tax of the vehicle for the state in which it is bought. If I bought one in NY, I'd pay NY sales tax, but PA I'd have to register it. I wouldn't pay sales tax again.

Ask a notory. They should be able to help you.

I know for sure the KQ750 is $6900 out the door.

Polaris SP800 HO is $7400 out the door. Most shops have the leftovers in a real nice maroonish red, blue, green. I know it sucks to buy out of state, but if the diff in price is high enough, it is worth thye hassle.

Two local places to do your search for Polaris are:
Helsel Hardware
Martin Marine

Also check over towards the eastern side of the state i.e. Poconos,Philly.

good luck