Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Polaris Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Trailblazer

I have a 2005 Polaris Trailblazer. I have searched everywhere and spoken with at least 10 people to try and solve this issue to no avail. Please someone help me. I recently replaced my starter solenoid and touched one of the wires to start the ignition and I think I burnt something. The wire did a little spark and now nothing at all works. The bike can still be pull started and jump started with no problem but now when I turn the ignition switch the headlight does not turn on and the starter makes no noise as if the switch does nothing at all now. What did I do to my daughters bike? Please someone help. I'm sure it's something simple. You guys are my last hope. I tried other forums for weeks and no answers. I'm an idiot I know. But I usually do my own things on my bikes and never have any problems. I purchased the repair manual and it is not helpful to me at all.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Welcome to the forums.. Check that you have power to each side of the main 20 amp circuit breaker red wires in the sealed pouch located up from the battery. You may have shorted it out. It supplies power to the ignition switch,dash, lights starter,etc. Just slice the pouch open if if it's the problem.You can pull start it or even jump the solenoid to get it to run as this is an old magneto triggered ignition system. If the circuit breaker is trash you can get one at any auto store.Plus check the small power wire at the solenoid that comes from the ignition switch. If this wire is shorted then the starter won't work either.

Attached Thumbnails Polaris Trailblazer-image.jpg  
Old 01-28-2015, 08:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thanks a million

I love the answer. Better than anything I got anywhere else. Which black pouch? The only black pouch is one towards the tail light that has a writing on it saying Short Cut. It almost looks like part of the tail light assembly wires

Old 01-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Item#3 on the parts break down. Older model may have the pouch closer to the battery,newer models were tied to the frame close to the front of the rear fender.Dirt Cheap Yamaha & Polaris OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse

Old 01-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default You are from ATV heaven.

That is definitely the same fuse type of thing. Mine looks just like the one i the picture you sent with your post. How do I know if that fuse is bad? It was the one skinny wire from the starter wires that sparked. I hope its just the fuse. But everything went from working fine except my solenoid worked every other time then just stopped. But all my lights still worked fine even this weekend when she rode . Then I had to start monkeying around and let the little wire touch the positive wire from the battery and it sparked and I smelled something that smelled burnt.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

First things first. Check the wires that you touched,see if they are burnt or feel soft inside. Can short out internally.Plus should have 12 volts to either side of the red wires on the circuit breaker pouch.Even if you have to guess on replacing the breaker it's only about 5 bucks at any auto store. Just slice the pouch open,remove the breaker,seal the new breaker up with a little silicone and tape the pouch to keep water out. Just a process of elimination on tracing electrical problems until you find out where the problem is..

Old 01-28-2015, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thanks again.

I will try everything you suggested. It's a good start. I will let you know what worjs for sure. Thanks again.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:27 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

You're getting advice from one of the best.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ahhhhhhhrrrrrrrrr

Nothing at all. When I replaced thefuse breaker nothing at all. I put a light tester to it and it acts like a ground not like a positive. Looked at the switch in the front and folled wire all the wayto the rear and nothing. I burnt something when that wire touched the positive terminal of the battery but I cant find it

Old 01-29-2015, 03:03 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Hopefully it's a nearby ground wire that didn't like voltage.If you can't visibly trace the problem down,the best thing is to have a schematic diagram plus electrical trouble shooting guides that can help you trace down the problem. A 5 buck service manual is a lot cheaper than replacing the whole wiring harness.2005 Polaris Trail Blazer 250 Service Manual PDF Download

Quick Reply: Polaris Trailblazer