Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

New Old Guy.. FNG

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Old Guy.. FNG

Just saying hello and thanks!

Picked up an '87 TRX350D and ended up here troubleshooting a no spark condition. Have spark now! Found some good info here that lead to a bad neutral switch wire that was killing the spark. Signed up to try and help someone that posted yesterday. https://atvconnection.com/forums/hon...rk-help-2.html

She's smoking but that might be the high dose of Seafoam, not sure.

Have wrenched on all sorts of machines, even a nuke sub, but this is my first rodeo with the Foreman. Rode one for work back in the day, but oil/gas is all I ever did to that one. This one needs plenty of TLC and parts. Survived my 2-stroke quad racin' days, I guess this is my 4x4 phase.

Question: Is it acceptable to post links to the repair and owner's manuals, as long as they aren't selling them?

Old 03-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

It's always good if you can help someone out of a jam. ATV's can be quite exasperating at times, 9 times out of 10 it's something obvious.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Welcome to the forums. I've been pushing links to pay manuals and no one's jumped me so far. Don't think they'd mind if you posted links as long as you're not selling them.Anything that helps people out should be welcomed.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello from Colorado Collar Bones. Glad you signed up here at ATV Connection. I think your mechanical experience will be valuable to others as you overhaul your TRX35D. You might want to start a "project thread" where you describe what you're doing" I bet a lot of folks would ride along and offer "helpful suggestions"

I often look at old ATVs parked behind folk's garages when I'm walking the dog. I think it would be fun to overall one of these old horses just to see how they made them back then. Might be cheaper than an old sports car overhaul.

David

Old 03-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:02 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks everyone!

My internet was off for week and I just got back on.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Back Country Explorer

25 years ago we could care less if our internet was out. Our lives sure have changed since the growth of all things internet. What's worse, no internet or no ATV? Anyway, glad you got your connection back up and running.

David

Old 03-16-2017, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer

For the past week I weighed the pro/con of just having internet turned off. I decided I could live without most of it. But then there's researching things like this atv, ebay parts deals, downloading owner's and repair manuals, so for now I'm keeping it.

Seems like it's always on a Friday, techs get inside this big switchbox and bungle around, eventually pulling the plug on me just before they drive away. Then they always tell me it will be Wednesday between 9:00 and 4:00 when they can look at it. I was able to tell the tech where the problem was, he doubted it at first, but then told me I was right. I got him to mark my lines in the switchbox with red caps. He said it was real mess in there, nothing like the way he tried to tell me it would look like.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:06 PM
Back Country Explorer

You make it sound like it's time for a new "internet service provider". There are many companies who would love your account. We have had good luck with our satellite provider. It is the only option for us here in the foothills, no cable, no towers. I don't have a good cell phone signal either. Kinda like the back side of the moon. Mountain man living off the land. (Kidding)

David