Kawasaki Side by Sides Talk about the rugged Kawasaki Sport and Utility

Mule 610 4x4 Fuel In Charcoal Canister

Old 06-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mule 610 4x4 Fuel In Charcoal Canister

Hey guys, we have a brand new 2012 mule 610 4x4 that we had a little trouble out of today while out trail riding. We were riding in the mountains and were on some pretty steep trails, but nothing too extreme and the mule started running rough and died on us. With a little trouble shooting I found that it was running way rich and found the cause to be fuel had gotten into the charcoal canister.

The fuel tank was full when we started out, but to my understanding the check valve in the fuel tank vent line that runs to the charcoal canister, should have prevented any fuel from entering the canister and therefore has got to be defective. To get the mule to run, I had to drain the fuel from the canister, bypass and plug it, venting the tank to the atmosphere.

The mule ran great from that point on with the canister bypassed, but when we got home I rerouted everything back to factory specs and am going to call the dealership tomorrow since it's under warranty. Anyone else had this problem and if so, did a new check valve fix it? Thanks in advance for any advice. Vr...

John

Old 07-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Range Rover

The dealership called and we went and picked up the new check valve for the fuel tank vent line and swapped it out. I noticed right away that the new check valve acted differently than the old one we were replacing; I could blow through the old one in both directions very easily and I could only blow through the new one in one direction, so I believe the new check valve should correct the problem.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by john luttrell
The dealership called and we went and picked up the new check valve for the fuel tank vent line and swapped it out. I noticed right away that the new check valve acted differently than the old one we were replacing; I could blow through the old one in both directions very easily and I could only blow through the new one in one direction, so I believe the new check valve should correct the problem.
I was having the exact problem u mentioned above with my 2011 610 mule . I wonderer if the check valve resolved to issue. I am actually installing it now. I could blow through the old one in both directions.. So fingers crossed. I let all the lines air out along with the canister. I'll install the new check valve, a new sparkplug (been driving with the problem for some time) and a new air filter (seems like a good idea) .... Am I g2g?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by woodmantf
I was having the exact problem u mentioned above with my 2011 610 mule . I wonderer if the check valve resolved to issue. I am actually installing it now. I could blow through the old one in both directions.. So fingers crossed. I let all the lines air out along with the canister. I'll install the new check valve, a new sparkplug (been driving with the problem for some time) and a new air filter (seems like a good idea) .... Am I g2g?

You should be good to go, if you could blow easily through the check valve, in both directions, it was bad; a new check valve fixed our mule and the problem has not reoccurred.