Kawasaki Side by Sides Talk about the rugged Kawasaki Sport and Utility

Aftermarket CDI or EFI Mods for 2009 Mule?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket CDI or EFI Mods for 2009 Mule?

There are several companies that advertise custom or programmable CDI and EFI modules for ATVs and UTVs. Does anyone have experience with these aftermarket modules in general, and more specifically in relation to the newer factory EFI engines?

I would like to have a little more speed from my 2009 Kawasaki Trans 4X4 Mule (KAF620R9F). It tops out at 24 MPH with a surge caused by its electronic governor.

My Dad always said that if aftermarket products really improved performance, the manufacturers would already be incorporating them....

Happy Trails!

Jim

Old 07-31-2009, 10:00 AM
Range Rover

My Dad always said that if aftermarket products really improved performance, the manufacturers would already be incorporating them.... (completly wronge)

Listen your machine was not made to go pass 24mil per hour,you add a cdi or powerbox ur reliablity will go down guarneteed BUT it may not harm it much, ur universal and stuf was not made for speed so keep in mind, dont overpower it or ul be in sh#t, I was looking into one befor i bought my teyrx, Up size tires will make a huge differance, id go with 2-3 sizes bigger, they have enoughlow end to do anything(i had 07 mule 3010), Ul prob get 15mph more, id adda KN filter as well then see what else it could improve on

Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 09 4010 trans 4x4, and yes I would like to be able to pick up to about 35mph but there is no ligitimate help out there that I have found. I did not buy it for speed, but for working my ranch. It would be nice to get to point a to point b a little faster sometimes. My biggest complaint is difficulty getting into high gear.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Alternative solution and we can help

I hear this all the time. Your BEST solution is to do an engine swap. When you add up what you've spent on aftermarket parts and that it hasnt done much for you, you'll realize that the engine swap is the way to go. My dad and I build custom carts. We build 100MPH +++ golf carts. I am actually in the middle of build my personal cart. I have taken a 100% fully street legal 4 passenger golf cart and have tore it down. It was factory FWD electric. I am converting it as a 4x4 street legal UTV with over 100mph capabilities. We are doing similar things with other street legal golf carts only those are remaining 2wd(rear wheel). That is something for you guys to consider. You keep the same torque or more but with higher top speed capabilities. You can go fully automatic or fully manual transmission.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:56 PM
rv
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rjestes3
There are several companies that advertise custom or programmable CDI and EFI modules for ATVs and UTVs. Does anyone have experience with these aftermarket modules in general, and more specifically in relation to the newer factory EFI engines?

I would like to have a little more speed from my 2009 Kawasaki Trans 4X4 Mule (KAF620R9F). It tops out at 24 MPH with a surge caused by its electronic governor.

My Dad always said that if aftermarket products really improved performance, the manufacturers would already be incorporating them....

Happy Trails!

Jim
any of you guys try bigger tires im wondering how big and fast a mule will go with just a tire swap

Old 10-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Most of the aftermarket efi stuff works reasonanbly well but in your case may only get 4-5 mph - not 10-11. Exhaust will make a big difference, but if you using it as a work vehicle the added noise is not likley a bonus. You may sacrafice some reliability by making the mods.

Fast - Reliable - Cheap - You can have two of the three!