Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki is DYING!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-1999, 04:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man o man kawasaki better come out with some good quads soon.

Chuck '99 Scrambler

Old 08-26-1999, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I AGREE
THEY MAKE THERE MONEY ON THERE DIRT BIKES THEY ARN"T THE MOST RELIABLE BUT THEY SURE ARE FAST!

Old 08-27-1999, 01:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey Talon400, you know, come to think of it, Polaris should make some GOOD quads sometime soon as well. Good meaning quality built machines that is!

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 08-27-1999, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know what yall are talking about. Why does Kawasaki need new quads when they have bold new graphics?

Old 08-27-1999, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam, I'd rephrase your statement: Why does Kawasaki need new quads when their market share and profit achieve the company goals?

For better of worse, I think these factors drive manufacturing executives more than the prospect of winning Quad of the Year! awards.

Apparently, Kawasaki's performance in these selected areas isn't too shabby--the racing sponsorship doesn't come cheaply; promotions, like the Cochranton display, cost in the hundreds of thosands of dollars. Unless the available models were pulling their weight, fiscally speaking, I doubt you'd see this level and scope of promotion from Kawasaki.

So far, Kawasaki's "dancin' with who brung 'em," instead of seeking fast-stepping new partners; that is, staying with existing designs instead of capitalizing into new products.

New developments, like the Suzuki/Arctic Cat automatic transmission, interest me greatly. I enjoy seeing these new features on all and any make of quad. If Kawasaki loses market share and profit to competiton, and if the "suits" perceive the competiton's innovative technology caused this loss, THEN expect more than "bold new graphics" from Kawasaki.

Tree Farmer

Old 09-04-1999, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

Well, Kawasaki is not dying, that's for sure. They are my favorite manufacturer, and they get even more props for racing.

They've got the Prarie for any mudders, hunters, or anyone who just wants a big tuff utility-type machine, which is proven with team green(it's actually pretty close to stock--the prarie). The Lakota's successfully mix sport and utility. My friends got one, and it's cool, he hunts with it, then grabs air with me. Versitality is what the Lakota is about. The Mojave's are awesome. Nice jumper, decent power for a 250, reliable, fun, plus good handles(handling). The Bayou's are the only Kawie's that I've not had experience with(seen/ridden/whatever). As I understand, utilitywise, they are a step up from the Lakota, a step down from the Prarie, and, like the Lakota, are also very versitile.

I'm not pulling this trash talking B.S. that we've seen so much of here. Blah, blah blah, they are better than blah, they would smoke a blah...ya know, the Polaris fan crap goin on. But you know what? Screw all that. None of us own Polaris, Kawasaki, Honda, etc... So it doesn't matter who may take the sales lead, etc... Screw all that, all I'm saying is that Kawasaki is definately not dying, has something to be proud of(Team Green), and they have some kick ___ quads out.

------------------
- 1996 Kawasaki Mojave, 1998 Kawasaki Mojave, http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/B...8090/home.html

Old 09-04-1999, 04:09 AM
Range Rover

Ride,
First of all I visited your web page and you state about "getting some air" YOUR FIRST JUMP WAS THIS YEAR ON THE 3RD OF JULY!!!!!!" That was a jump I saw? Gimme a break. Tuff???? As for you Andy who makes that kitty?

Chuck (and I personally dont care)

Old 09-04-1999, 02:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good point. I don't believe you get any stock shares with the purchase of a Polaris Atv do you? It seems as if some folks thought they did. They seem awful worried sometimes.

------------------

Old 09-04-1999, 04:12 PM
Range Rover

Gee I also wanted to note, look at all of the postings in the Kawasaki thread. Man there must be alot of Kawasaki owners. LOL!!!

Old 09-04-1999, 05:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't particularly care if it was made in Iran for the matter. I like it, and could care less who else does, or how many people buy them. I don't see any money when AC makes a sale. I had to pay for mine. Once that is. I think I might have gotten to pay for it two or three more times if I had got the Polaris. I would own a Kawasaki three times over before I bought a Polaris, no matter how many people on the forum had them as well.

------------------

Quick Reply: Kawasaki is DYING!