Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

whats the best antifreeze to use?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 07:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best antifreeze to use?

From the evidence I've seen and bullitens I've read it contains a sealer additive that gels in the presence of air and temp. I have seen alot of really nasty overflow tanks on cars that only 3-4 years old. Also many times when you take off the radiator cap it looks like someone took a dump in the radiator, a big gelled up clump of crap. It's kind of ironic that they have the worst problems with intake gasket leaks, especially the 3.1/3.4 and 5.0/5.7 from about 96 or 97 on up.

Old 10-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

Importh8r I'll put it this way I am making more than when I was a tech and when I was a tech I was turning ave of 75hr's a week and was a light line tech (eng,brakes,abs) and I don't think it is that Ford is bending there tech's over a barrell I still know and hang out with the rest of the guy's I used to work with and they are pretty much doing the same as they ever were one of the guy's ave's 100hr's a week doing drivability I think it is just you gm guy's have ALOT more work then the Ford guy's do especially customer pay work because of all these problem's we are talking about are out of warranty know but from what I've heard there are just as many problem's with 01-03 model's they may have fixed the 4L60E problem's but there are still other's. In my opinion and combined with the fact's I see every day both Ford and Chrysler are way ahead in term's of quality then gm is too bad many buy car's based on styling cause I would say gm is ahead in that catagory even though that new f150 look's awsome. I own a 03 Ranger 4wd and I would say the ranger is in the top 2-3 best built vehicle's that the big 3 make I have owned 4 Ranger's since 95 and really have only had very very minor problems with any of them and plus when I was a tech you rarely saw one in the shop and same adjusting claim's we rarely see them.

I did a search on dex cool on google and check out this link it was the first one brought up
DEX COOL IS THE DEVIL

Old 10-26-2003, 12:12 AM
RIP Dear Friend

I failed to add in my first post that I change my dex-cool every year because I was so used to doing it with the green stuff that I stuck with the old tradition. I thought 5 years is to long for me no matter what it says on the container. All my radiators look fine and have had no related problems as described in this thread.

Chet

Old 10-26-2003, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

I use Engine Ice in my 650 Prairie and did tell a little difference. This is probably the best coolant to put into your machine.