Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki lakota 300 are they good quads?

Old 06-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki lakota 300 are they good quads?

I really don't know what you'd pay to have someone do it because I've always done my own. If you don't have the equipment you might want to contact Greg at cwr. It's his kit and he would be able to give you the best setup for his stuff. If you take too much material out you can screw it up and possiblly make it worse. He's done a lot of them and has done the R&D. His setup would probably be a touch better than mine. I stayed on the conservative side and stuck with what I knew would help. I'm not racing so I'm not looking for those last few tenths of a horsepower I just want to have fun. He would be able to give you what you need.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Range Rover

I started a new post about the speed of my lakota called Lakota Sport CWR 335 Kit results. In short though, I got it up to 63.4 MPH. I think if I do get it ported I will go with Greg as he probably knows more about what the machine can do and how to make it do it than the engineers that designed it.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

[<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KawiMojave

yes, the lakota 300 is a great quad but its twin the mojave 250 is even a better quad. they are not much different other than the wiring, suspensions, and the travel. the mojave has better suspensions, and travel than the lakota. but all in all the lakota is a great quad just like the mojave if you are interested in the mojave too. <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>

uhhh..wrong. The travel on the Mojave is exactly the same as the Lakota. The suspension is exactly the same, except the Lakota as 1/2" longer swing arm. Taking that into account the Lakota actually has a slight advantage with the longer swinger. Also, due to the fact the Lakota is heavier than the Mojave, it has a more plush ride.

The Lakota is a great quad. FST also made a 330 kit for the Lakota that woke it up very nicely. Not sure if Mickey still offers this or not, though.

Matter of fact, several years ago, Dirt Wheels did a shootout between the FST Lakota and the FST Mojave. Both were 330 kits, if memory serves me right. They may have been 350 kits, though... The Lakota ended up winning the shootout.