Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Kawasaki
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 1986 bayou 300 wont start

hey guys. Well my old quad wont start. It's a 1986 bayou 300 2wd. The nuetral light comes on. (brand new battery fully charged) I jumped the soleniod and she cranks over. When I hit the starter button I get nothing, not even a click. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I can do to narrow this problem down? I'm thinkin it might be the run stop switch. I took it apart and cleaned all the connections but it's still the same. I checked the wires coming out of the switch with a test light and they are getting power, but when I hit the button they do not do anything. I just wanna make sure it's the switch before I buy a new one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-24-2011, 01:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Garage is empty, add now

If it's just a simple two wire switch just jump the two wires together and it should start because you took the switch out of the system.

If it does not, it's not the switch and is something else.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

check the wire on the starter. even if it looks tight it may not be getting a connection. this happens every now and then on my 400 bayou io just loosen the bolt and the tighten it back down.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

My 96 220 bayou was doing the same thing. Not sure how similar the wiring is but on mine next to the battery was the solenoid and a relay for neutral. My neutral light still came on but I had to tap on the relay to start it with the switch. I just removed the relay and made a jumper wire and that solved my problem plus lets me start in any gear
Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 PM

Tags
1986, 300, 86, 96, atv, bayou, dont, jumped, kawasaki, run, runs, soleniod, start, starter, wont