Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

08 kfx 50 cdi

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 kfx 50 cdi

First of all, I am a new member and would like to thank anyone and everyone in advance for any help I receive from this post. Great site.

After a long, exhausting and frustrating search, this site keeps coming up as the one to sort out my KFX (Kymco) 50 cdi issues.

I Have an 08 I purchased new and it became time to make it go a little faster as my daughter was getting bored. I installed a 17 tooth sprocket, FMF pipe (and think I have the jetting close), aftermarket coil and cdi. (I know you know where I am going with this!) As you know, none of this is worth it with an epa limited/restricted cdi.

You have heard this a thousand times but here it goes again. CDI will not work in that quad. I have a dc scooter with the same aftermarket parts that work great but plug them in the Kymco and nothing. Even the stock unit from my scooter won't work. As you know, one wire goes into the double plug, cdi is the large type, I get dc at the plug with the key on, etc, etc. Everything you would expect from a dc unit (except for the odd fact that in will continue to run with the battery unhooked?)

Where do I find an unrestricted CDI for this machine?

HELP!!!

Old 02-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Ask Lynn Edwards in the kids section.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Didn't even realize there was one. Thank you.