Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Had two lakota 322 kits to test today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a blast. We just did one yesterday, another FST kit that turned out very well!

Things have been drying out down here compare to our wet winter we had. Were this comes into play is traction!!!

We put this one together for a feller we didn't realy know, but turned out to be a graet guy.

I put it together just like mine, but he had razzors front and back and what a huge difference in handling and traction.

I still don't have any clutch issues yet, just had nearly no clutch while using the 40W braek in oil and a little better when the 20W-50 oil was used. Once we changed to the 10W-40 oil, just like in mine the clutch came rite back.

The major difference in his and mine was the tires. We were on a MX track, hard packed with loose dirt on top. Mine was sliding like on ice in the corners, realy it was, and his held the corners pretty good. We drag raced and he flat out beat me, but even at full throttle in 3rd I was spinning crazy like!!!

Well thats all I have time for now, just a little more review on the 322 kits, and a huge piece of advice, GET SOME REAL TIRES!!!!!

The guy

Old 04-06-2002, 10:14 PM
Range Rover

Gaff how fast do you think the your lakota is now in mph. I agree about the tires the stock ones suck. I have fasttrekkrs and i like them pretty good but my next set will be holeshots or razors. Great to hear that your lakota is running strong.

Old 04-06-2002, 10:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Gaff- since you put it together, you should have made sure yours was faster.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Looks like i can not make it to Loretta this year. Sorry

Old 04-07-2002, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure if I will be going to LL 14mins. I was pretty siked about going, but now no ones going it's not as interesting. I think I may go to the vanleer, Tn race instead on the 28th of april instead of LL on the 21st.

I'm not sure of the top speed yet bigbad400, I haven't did any top end runs yet. I still have it jetted fat and probably keep it fat for another week.

The power is much graeter thats for sure. You realy don't know how bad those tires are. With the added power they spin so easy!!

I road the other fellers for a while and his tires alone made all the differences in the world.

We are heading out to ride again today, if I find a GPS out there I'll try getting some speeds for you, may not be the fastest it will go but will be ball park.

Just wish those XCT's I have on order were here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2002, 12:12 AM
Range Rover

Gaff: I still plan on going to LL. How about 98 Lakota?

Old 04-08-2002, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

I will be at LL's. Hope to see you at the VanLeer race GAFF.

Old 04-08-2002, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

Well I'll see about LL. I have 3 weeks off then and deffinately keep it in mind. I'd like to stay with the msws series.

I made some more porting changes on the lakota saterday night. I've been fighting a leaky head gasket so when I replaced it (still leaks) I did a little more porting. Made a big difference on were the power comes on at. It's more mid to top end now, but still have more than enough bottom.

We ran on a supercross track sunday and the rev I now get out of it is excellent, not as much shifting, and it realy flies. I need to do more jetting but the way it is now is much quicker. Has absolutely no utillity style rev to it but more like a sports machine. Has a little two stroke sense to her when you get to the midrange.

I wanted to try playing with the exhaust disc to see what differenses it makes, but the bolts got jammed so couldn't do it.