Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Kawasaki
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 08-19-2002, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Ever since ive had my quad ive only put Castrol 10-40 synthetic oil on it.The parts sales man at the dealership said it was on of the best plus it was synthetic.Im just curious what all you other Lakota owners use on your quads(brand/thickness)? Also is the K&N oil filter is as good or better than the genuine Kawasaki oil filter? Thanks in advance for your comments,experiences,or ideas.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 07:29 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

mobil 1 mx4t,and i havn't had one single problem with the clutch after using it (4 or 5 oil changes). mobil 1 v-twin in the fatboy and trailboss, mx4t in the primary of the fatboy. soon to be in he 400. rotella in the truck.

02 400ex -stock
00 trail boss-stock
99 lakota, ids2,k&n,jetted, douglas 190's,maxxis alltracks/front pros, 13t sproket,no racks,cool headlights from auto zone ( mounted above the mojave light location)
00 fatboy
02 power stroke f-350
Old 08-22-2002, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

We use Rotella in everything. Trucks, tractors,Raptor, Lakota, two Wolverines and the sand rail. We have been using it since 1996 in the trucks and tractors. F-350 diesel 4x4 has 196,000 miles and is going strong.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

I just use Kawachem 10w40.It's cheap and it's what the owners manual calls for.As far as the filter goes,I used to use the Kawasaki filter but I was getting tired of paying over $7 for one little filter.I found emglo filters in the JC Wittney catalog for $2.35 and bought a bunch of them.I have no complaints.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

I use Bel Ray 10w-40 Semi senthetic. Never had a prob and seems to work very well.

Vluc,
So what's the story with the ex? Likin it? Ride the Lakota at all anymore? We'll have to meet up at the Badlands b4 too long.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:59 PM

Tags
10w40, 1996, 2002, atv, capacity, engine, kawasaki, kawi, kind, lakota, motor, oil, put, sport, tractors, type, work