Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

Giovanni 110 wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Lynn Edwards. We just received a brand new Giovanni 110cc Mini Atv. After getting the wheels on, fastening the handlebars, and connecting the battery my little guy couldn't wait to fire it up. Put the key in, turned the ignition to on, turned the kill switch to run, applied the brake, hit the start button. Absolutely nothing, no clicking, no cranking of the engine. Flicked the switch for the lights on, yes we have low and high beams as well as brake lights. Checked the voltage on the battery (post to post) and seems fine 12.6 or so. Checked all wiring connections and they all seem secured. Any ideas what may be causing the problem? I'm at the point of frustration now.

Thanks

Old 05-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just for grins try shorting the solenoid posts with a screwdriver (scroll up a few posts for more instructions on how to do this). Set the brake and put it in neutral first so the quad stays put if it should start up. Turn on the ignition and turn off all kill switches. Does it start up? If not, do you have spark while shorting the solenoid?

Since you have brake lights the fuse is OK, the power side of the two pole ignition switch is working, and the safety interlock on the starter should be satisfied. The power from the brake light feeds one side of the starter button. The other side of the start button feeds one side of the starter solenoid actuating coil (the small wires). The other side of the solenoid actuating coil is grounded.

If you have a meter then measure the voltage on the start button wires. One should be 12 volts whenever the brake light is on. The other wire (and also one of two small wires on the solenoid) should be 12 volts when the brake light is on and the start button is pushed.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
Just for grins try shorting the solenoid posts with a screwdriver (scroll up a few posts for more instructions on how to do this). Set the brake and put it in neutral first so the quad stays put if it should start up. Turn on the ignition and turn off all kill switches. Does it start up? If not, do you have spark while shorting the solenoid?

Since you have brake lights the fuse is OK, the power side of the two pole ignition switch is working, and the safety interlock on the starter should be satisfied. The power from the brake light feeds one side of the starter button. The other side of the start button feeds one side of the starter solenoid actuating coil (the small wires). The other side of the solenoid actuating coil is grounded.

If you have a meter then measure the voltage on the start button wires. One should be 12 volts whenever the brake light is on. The other wire (and also one of two small wires on the solenoid) should be 12 volts when the brake light is on and the start button is pushed.
Thanks Lynn Edwards, I would classify myself as a beginner when it comes to this stuff. I followed the fat red cable from the batter into a black cylinder type box that appears to be covered and has a piece of black electrical tape wrapped around it, I assume to hold the cover on. Is this the solenoid? It has the red power cable going in from the back, another cable from the other side, and black covered cable from the front. I'm looking down through the seat opening on the right hand side of the bike, this is attached to the left hand side of the bike.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards

Just wanted to thank LynnEdward. My brother-in-law came over and looked at the bike. He got it going by shorting the solenoid, and traced the wires back to the start button. Took the start button apart and used the tester on the wires and boom it started it up. He figures there was dirt or glue in there somewhere and the wire wasn't making a good connection. Now it starts everytime.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Glad you got it running.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey there iam ahveing a simalr probly was the peson who requested the photos. my wiring harness is completly disconnected ans i was woundering if someone could get my a few pictures with the body off of the quad..mines a gio 110 cc beast so it will be the same as the other 110cc quads. a close up of the soliniod posts would be really great.

thanks, Eric

Old 05-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Will take pictures in the next day or two and get them posted on here.
Had a few problems myself with the solenoid, coil, etc but thanks to others got everything up and running and having a blast.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks a lot that will be very helpful for me and a few others. Also I just noticed you live in pg, I live in kitimat...same neck of the woods

Old 06-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

any chance soe one could please get me a few pics in the next couple days...this atv is driving me nuts just sitting there. only got to take it out once

Old 06-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

selling the atv now if anyone is interested..ive spent to much time on it to only get no where. nothing is wrong with it the wiring harness just needs to be plugged back in..has less that 15 hours on it..machine is in new conditions with a ton of spare parts

Quick Reply: Giovanni 110 wiring diagram