Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

Giovanni 110 wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help! Would anyone know how the wires are hooked up on the back of the ignition switch on a 110 mini hummer 3 broke off and the red on is still there. the wiring diagram is not much help I need to know were the Green BL/W AND BL are soldered on to repair does anyone have a picture of the back of the switch

Old 07-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by csherrry
Help! Would anyone know how the wires are hooked up on the back of the ignition switch on a 110 mini hummer 3 broke off and the red on is still there. the wiring diagram is not much help I need to know were the Green BL/W AND BL are soldered on to repair does anyone have a picture of the back of the switch
Do the following:

1) Check the main fuse to be sure it is OK. Often this gets blown up when wires come off the ignition switch.
2) Turn on the ignition switch and apply the brakes.
3) Take the blue wire and probe the three broken off connections with the blue wire one at a time until the brake light comes on. That connection is where the blue wire goes.
4) The other two wires go to the other two connections (one wire on each). (It doesn't matter which wire goes to which connection for these two wires).
5) Remove the main fuse before soldering the wires to the ignition switch. Reinstall the fuse when done soldering. Or you can unplug the ignition switch from the wire harness (if you have easy access to that connector) while soldering.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks I already figured it out, very poor Schematic. I was just was trying to see if the green wire was power but is not the black wire feeds everything when turned on.. What a cheap switch.

Thanks

Chri

Old 06-23-2011, 06:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey guys, new to the site and hoping someone can give me a hand with some wiring issues. I posted to this thread cause it almost answers my problem.

I have two gio 110 mini quads and on both of them the ignition key just spins in the ignition and doesn't do anything. I've looked at the wiring diagram to see what wires the ignition connects together but can't figure out what it's showing for the ignition switch (I read electrical diagrams on a daily basis and have never seen the symbol they use for the ignition switch). Does anyone know which wires connect together, or can someone do me a favor and check with a meter.

If anyone knows how to read that switch on the diagram and can fill me in on what its showing please let me know.

thanks in advance

Old 06-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by adam_s05
hey guys, new to the site and hoping someone can give me a hand with some wiring issues. I posted to this thread cause it almost answers my problem.

I have two gio 110 mini quads and on both of them the ignition key just spins in the ignition and doesn't do anything. I've looked at the wiring diagram to see what wires the ignition connects together but can't figure out what it's showing for the ignition switch (I read electrical diagrams on a daily basis and have never seen the symbol they use for the ignition switch). Does anyone know which wires connect together, or can someone do me a favor and check with a meter.

If anyone knows how to read that switch on the diagram and can fill me in on what its showing please let me know.

thanks in advance
Earlier in this thread posted the Giovanni published wiring diagram as scanned from their manual. Like most published diagrams it had errors in it. I fixed those errors in this picture (click on it to expand): Note how one of the errors had the starter button labeled as the ignition switch, and the actual ignition switch was labeled as just "switch".

Giovanni 110 wiring diagram-another-giovanni-110cc-wiring-diagram_fixed.jpg

Your ignition switch should have 4 wires on it.

Red: Fused 12 volt power
Blk: Switched, fused 12 volt power
Grn: Ground
Blk/Wht: Kill Switch connection to CDI

The ignition switch is actually two switches ganged together on a common shaft:

When the Ignition Switch is off:

Switch 1: (Red and Black) are not connected
Switch 2: (Grn and Blk/Wht are shorted together

When the ignition switch is on:

Switch 1: (Red and Black) are shorted together
Switch 2: (Grn and Blk/Wht) are not connected.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Any of you know if the SunL Typhoon 110cc has the same diagram. Im having a heck of a time finding that specific diagram, so I can finish this repair and get it out of my shop?
Thanks Rich